Waldo Canyon Loop Trail

Waldo Canyon Loop Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Cascade, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Waldo Canyon Loop Trail is a 7 mile loop trail located about 5 miles west of Manitou Springs, Colorado, with a trailhead and large paved parking lot. Waldo Canyon Loop trail is a scenic trail. The first part is a single track trail for about 1.75 miles, then it begins about a 3.7 mile loop with some great views of Pikes Peak. It is not too challenging for children.

I miss the trail...

Love this trail, hopefully will reopen soon

10 years ago this trail ws beautiful. I hope it becomes that way again with the fire.

Closed due to fire

Thursday, February 04, 2016

Great route, used to run this weekly years ago (or hiked) the fire closed it off, but worth it to see any of the trail.

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

I did work on this trail this summer. It's a beautiful hike! Hope it re-opens soon.

Saturday, August 01, 2015

I love this trail! I can't wait for it to reopen. It's been closed way too long, now.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

I used to love this trail. So bummed it is closed!

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

One of my favorites before the fire.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Closed due to the fire two years ago, but an okay hike. The first 1/2 mile is a decent work out.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Was lucky enough to do this before the fire. A wonderful walk with some nice views. Hope it reopens soon.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Too bad it burned down. Was a nice trail close to home.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hiked Waldo Canyon the weekend before the forest fire started. In fact, my current profile picture was taken the winter before. I hope they open it back up someday.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Came here 2 years back. Great trail bummed that the canyon fire came. It's beautiful

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Awesome trail and was fortunate to hike it two years in 2011 before the fire. One of my favorites and has a great variety of terrain.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Great trail! I hope the area grows back quickly; it was a beautiful place to escape for a while

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

PLEASE NOTE: The trail is CLOSED due to the horrific Waldo Canyon fire during the summer of 2012.

Monday, September 17, 2012

It breaks my heart to drive past the parking lot these days. I have done this trail numerous times over the years and my dog and I were fortunate enough to have done it a couple times this spring. It will be a long recovery for this area, but looking forward to the re-growth. Has always been a favorite of mine.

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Great. Trail. Steep in certain spots. Great scenic areas all around kids enjoyed. It

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Due to the recent Waldo Canyon Fire, this trail is closed. Hopefully the citizens of the Springs will have the opportunity to rebuild it soon. It was a great hike.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

sad to say this is burned, but it was a nice challenging trail. I look forward to doing it again as it grows back. I have before and after pictures on facebook.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Great hike but washed out in areas from all the rain.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Monday, June 11, 2012

Beautiful hike! Try to get there around dawn so you can see the sun rise over the canyon. It is spectacular!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One of my favorites to hike, especially on Fridays! Very well maintained and worth your time, parking can be a bit congested, but get there early and you will enjoy!!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Skinny trail but worth the drive.

Sunday, May 06, 2012

Lived in the springs for 3 years loved to hike Waldo for the views and exercise. Take water and snacks you will need to rest a bit. It is easy until the switchbacks and rocky parts Great veiws and sometime a rasberry bush, too. Going back in August this year getting old and lazy may not make the 7 miles.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Great trail, i was planing on hiking a deferent trail, but we ended up taking this one instead, norm I like to know more about a trail before I take it. but it was well worth the chance. There where some good look outs along the way where the group of kids we where talking, where able to stop and rest. but the only thing i did not like about it was you are able to see the road for most of the Hike. But I will hike this trail again..

Friday, March 09, 2012

I have done this trail partially many times and finally recently committed to the whole loop. It was well worth it. Plenty of different scenery so don't get too used to the same thing for too long. Easy on the legs - there aren't many steep areas. There's a place for a bonfire too. Good time to get there is early in the morning as the parking lot is small and fills up quickly.