Wachob Trail #1319

Wachob Trail #1319 is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Rye, Colorado that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trailhead is located off State Highway 165 one mile North of Lake Isabel off Forest Service Road # 380/Boy Scout Ranch Rd. The trail is on the right at the split of the road.

my daughter and me had a good time. great views.

Nice, easy trail for the kids and me. We saw a bear right on the trail near the end of it, so we turned around and walked back. Kids loved seeing the wildlife!

I was looking for a trail my three-year-old could manage, and this was a great match! It was not busy at all and there was a great variety of wildflowers, especially the beginning of the trail. My kids liked climbing boulders alongside the trail. It was shaded with a mix of aspen, fur trees and ponderosa pine.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Quick and easy 2 mile round trip hike north of Lake Isabel and up the road from the boy scout ranch. Trail is well maintained and has some ups and downs, but it's pretty easy. We managed it in our sneakers in about an hour (at a leisurely pace).