Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Village Road Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(44)
Avon

Village Road Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Avon, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.2 miles Elevation Gain: 524 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

It's just a sidewalk by a busy road.

This is a nice walk on a 6' wide blacktop pedestrian/cycling path. As noted, it is in in-and-out walking path. It is a consistent, steady incline one way and the welcomed decline on the way back. I think I did pretty good considering I am from Michigan (altitude 650') and I am a 54 yr old chunky guy.

Very difficult to find

This is basically a paved sidewalk from Avon to Beaver Creek. Easy in that it is paved and there are drinking fountains and benches along the way. Beautiful views of the golf course and the multi million dollar homes. We started fairly early ,had a Starbucks at the top and then walked back down. A little shade but not much.

Don’t confuse the trail with the recreational path. The trail runs across the mountain and is currently closed through July 1 due to elk migration and calving. The fully paved recreational path is a great walk with lots of flowers and great views. We started at the Beaver Creek Lodge and walked down to the main entrance to Bachelor Gulch Village and back, which was 5 miles and 580’ elevation gain. Be prepared - the walk back to Beaver Creek is pretty much all uphill. Nothing that will kill you, but not a stroll either. Great for those days when you want to keep moving but aren’t feeling up to a moderate hike. (review from a 54 year old mom in decent shape. )

As others have said this is a paved trail from Avon to Beaver Creek. It follows the road but is above it so the traffic is not as bothersome. Once at the top you can hike many other trails in the ski area. There are water fountains along the way. The trail head is marked but from the parking lot walk towards the road and you will see it on the side. At Beaver Creek you can get something to drink or eat before coming down. If you are staying in Avon you can walk to the trailhead easily.

Thu May 17 2018

It’s peaceful and quiet. a beautiful place to walk.

Sat May 05 2018

Up hill from Elk parking lot to the Village. Wimped our and took the shuttle back down.

Sun Mar 25 2018

Paved path, not really a trail. A pretty walk along edge of the main road in Beaver Creek. Nice for a walk if you don’t want to get lost, but not what I would call a “trail”.

Wed Aug 23 2017

We started at The Charter at Beaver Creek and took village to village trail to the Ritz in Bachelor Gulch. A little steep at the beginning but wonderful! You can bring your dog!! Beaver Creek used to not allow dogs in their village so that's cool. Also, if you do it the way we did, you end at brunch at Wyld! :)

Sat May 06 2017

I really can't even give this hike a one star because well...we never found the trail. We asked around the empty little village and no one had heard of it, there are no signs pointing to a trail head. On the way out we did see a trail that ran along side of the road but it was a lightly paved trail. I wouldn't call a trail along side a road hiking so this was super frustrating for my husband and I.

Fri Aug 19 2016

lots of hiking and mt. biking trails,from beginner to advanced. beautiful area! very kid friendly!

Sun Aug 07 2016

We hiked from the base of the Gondola in Beaver Creek Village and took the Overlook trail. This trail is rated as moderate. The trail basically switchbacks up the ski runs through Aspen groves and some other thick forests. Very pretty, but is is a pretty steady incline, so be ready. Took us about 2 hrs to get to the top and we were sweating pretty good when we got there.

Thu Aug 14 2014

A bit flat for easier runs. my kids had to do a lot of walking. great scenery.

Sun Nov 24 2013

Beautiful a little over crowded but then again I went during a long weekend other than that no complaints. Wonderful ski resorts lots of powder snow great restaurants and bars.

Sat May 11 2013

I love Beaver Creek. I have skied it many times. It is right off the highway. There is a shuttle between Vail so you can make it your giant playground. There is plenty of terain for every ability.

recorded Village Road Trail