Valley Loop Trail

Valley Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Masonville, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Horses are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

Easy, well marked, and enjoyable- as advertised

Super nice beautiful easy hike.

New at these mountain bike adventures. This trail is a challenge for this beginner for sure, but I loved it. Great view friendly people meaning great memories

Great time with the family took a little digger playing around thank you to everyone who stopped and asked if I need help made for a great great outing

A very beautiful & quiet trail. Only saw a handful of other people.

I’d consider this hike more of a moderate hike with some incline & switchbacks.

This trail was quite easy and we couldn't hike for as long as we wanted because our child didn't feel well, but it was relatively flat and had a gravel path for hiking. They mowed both sides of the path as well. We walked to the "cabin" which was a really cool educational opportunity. It was built in 1917 and had chairs and a table in it. My 10 year old was fascinated by how they got water, how they washed clothes, and even the farm equipment located behind the cabin. It was neat. We also loved seeing so many horses on the trail. Overall, although it was easy, it was enjoyable. There is no shade, so I suggest in the summer to make sure you have plenty of sunscreen.

Great 4 mile loop, very pretty in the early morning or evening, also less crowded. The Eden valley trai is another really lovely hike, in and out 3.5 miles.

Several different trails diverge at Bobcat Ridge, where Valley Loop Trail is located. Be sure to notice signs, or don't, depending how you like it. I started on Valley loop and eventually wandered onto Power Line Trail.

The east and west views are pretty. The trail is easy for its length. I rated it a three because there is just so much grassland.

Lots of mountain bikers, and some horses. Go early as there isn't much shade.

I want to reiterate that there are no dogs allowed on this trail. There were multiple signs and rangers patrolling this area so I wouldn't attempt it! It's very unfortunate because the views here are beautiful. But for a personal who likes to hike with my dog, I won't be gong back anytime soon.

Great for the kids! Many options to go further with different linked trails.

I toke my coworker Arturo. we went up Ginny Trail allthe way around back down power line trail. McHoney Trail and park was worth the hike. Love it.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Nice open trail, not much tree coverage but great breeze. Ran counterclockwise & managed to be going the opposite way of all the bikes so,that's probably safest...watch out for the manure all over the trail!

Friday, October 14, 2016

Very fun trail!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

A very nice walk. Was overcast and that was good as there are not many parts of this hike that are in the shade. Horses and some mountain bikers on trail but relatively few people. Lots of trails off of this route to get in some cardio and additional miles. Would come again.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wonderful trail for those looking for a peaceful place early in the morning, horseback riding, and/or people with small children. My go to spot for a trail close to Fort Collins with lots of solitude. There are great views of the foothills in that area but no views of Longs Peak, Continental Divide, etc- plus very little shade!

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Great hike. Good one to take the kids on. No Dogs. The Cabin was pretty cool for the kids and the parents. Perfect day today!

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Small parking lot that fills up fast. Eastern half of the loop is gravel and really flat with no coverage. Western half goes up into the hills, has nice views of the valley/western side of Horsetooth Rock and has some tree coverage. Saw hummingbirds, mule deer and western hognose snake. Historic cabin in the northeast that was neat. Nice local hike.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

I always enjoy this hike. Awesome views and lots of wildlife

Saturday, April 02, 2016

A nice easy hike. Free parking.