Vallecito Creek Trail

Vallecito Creek Trail is a 11.8 mile out and back trail located near Bayfield, Colorado and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until October.

11.8 miles 2060 feet Out & Back

My sister and I did a day hike on the Vallecito trail back in mid-may. It's a beautiful trail, and definitely one of the more trafficked trails in the area. Unfortunately, about 4 miles in, there was still a lot of snow blocking the trails, so we had to turn back earlier than anticipated. Would love to do this trail in the summertime.

Beautiful views

A great trail with lots of sight views

Beautiful trail starts high above the creek (700'). then descends to the creek and onto a waterfall with a bridge across the creek.

One of my favorites for a casual day hike in and out. Interesting terrain along a beautiful river.

great trail, but some of the family couldn't keep up so we had to turn back a mile into it, gonna try it again soon, great views

Have only completed the first few miles, beautiful hike

Although we only completed part of the trail, this is an incomparably beautiful hike. This is my most recommended trail in the north Vallecito Reservoir area because of its magnificent mountains and terrain changes.