Ute Valley Park Loop Trail

Ute Valley Park Loop Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2 minutes ago

Great for an easy evening run/hike, or nature walk with kids. Only downside- trails not marked well.

Amazing

This is a terrific trail system with many offshoots. Make sure to take any of them, you really can't get lost and it makes the run, hike or bike almost limitless. Worth the trip!

Nice that it’s so accessible, frustrating that trails are hard to follow - partly due to very poor signage and partly due to inherent difficulty with trails that pass over rocky outcropping. Tried this loop 5 times and actually stayed on the intended path twice.

Great scenic multi-trail. Conveniently located and surprisingly beautiful.

Short loops but tons of good terrain for mountain biking. Bent my rear derallier hanger on one of the rock formations but I still managed to have a great ride with some low gears that still worked. Had 8miles by the time I finished.

Find a natural water run-off and follow it up to the top of the ridge. All kinds of cool trails up there and amazing views. Saw rabbits and lizards. Watch for rattlesnakes as there are plenty of hiding spots for them. Watch your step!

Good running or biking trail.

It's a really great open space park surrounded by neighborhoods, great for a casual hike if you live in the area and don't want to spend a lot of time getting somewhere.
Some trails are well marked, some are not, there are many "unofficial" trails crisscrossing everywhere, so it's easy to get off track. Very fun though, lots of cool rock formations and different trails to explore.

Fun. Parking is tight. Though one can park at two other trail heads.

fun hike.. beautiful scenery ,great hike with my dog!

great walk with the dogs. They are now napping soundly

Nice, but the trails need to be marked better.

Beautiful rock formations and views. Just pay attention, it may be easy to get lost in the network of trails

Nice views if you are looking for a hike in town.

Not my favorite trail! It’s rattle snake city in the summer and I always seem to get lost. The views aren’t spectacular, but the rock formations are kinda cool.

I loved the park. Easy hike. Also easy to get a little lost or turned around. But some of the views are so beautiful..

Great beginner mountain biking trail!

Nice easy walk. It is a bit dry and dull in some places, but overall makes for a great calm walk. I went by myself once as well as with my family. Was a tranquil experience, very quiet!

Very poor signage. Thought we were on a trail and wound up lost. Thanks to Google Maps we were able to return to the trail.

It probably would have been a great ride if we had been able to stay on the loop. Such poor signage and so many intersections that we got hopelessly lost trying to have a mellow family ride. We ended up having to carry our bikes over a washed out drainage and up over the rock ridge to get back to civilization. Everyone we ran into was also trying to get to a manageable trail and not sure where they were either.

You can create a lot of different hikes in this park. Surrounded by neighborhoods but in the middle of the park you can't see them. But I think the river mentioned in the description has dried up years ago.

Really liked this trail...close to home and it has both easy and moderate trails. If you get up to the rock ridge line the views are beautiful! Stay on the main trail and it's still got some gorgeous views. I'll definitely go again to explore more!

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Good morning loop at moderate pace will get you in and out just under an hour. Take at least a liter of H2O.

Friday, June 30, 2017

Pretty easy one

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Great family trails. Something for everyone. lots of different trails to explore, just bring lots of water and go early. It got warm about 11:30.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

This is a great trail which I love to do with my dogs.

Monday, June 26, 2017

We loved this hike. I had my two kids with me (3 and 2). I brought the backpack carrier for my 2 year old but he never needed it. They both hiked almost 3 miles all by themselves. They enjoyed the hike. Just hard enough to get a little bit of a workout but easy enough for the kids to handle. And they loved jumping and climbing on the rocks. I felt like it was pretty easy to follow signs and know where to go. Only a few spots that weren't labeled well which is why this hike only got 4 stars. But I don't have to have well marked hikes so we loved it. There are lots of little side routes you can do and make this hike longer or shorter as you like. There are a lot of bikers (which I'd like to do next), you just have to keep your ears open and move over for them. Not a big deal.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Very nice trail with great views. Not moderate, though, actually pretty easy, and that's coming from the "out-of-state, out-of-shape" hiker who did more trails than just the one listed. If you have an hour to kill, this will do.