Ute Valley Park Loop Trail

Ute Valley Park Loop Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 390 feet Route Type: Loop

Offline map is recommended. Users have reported that the trails are not marked well.

icy

What a great weather day. Patches of ice along trail. Zero wildlife sightings.

icy

Popped up on the trail this morning. Perfect weather. Trail still super crunchy with ice and slippery spots. Bear tracks.

icy

The recent snow has melted creating rough and crunchy ice patches. Trail shoes were not helpful - you'll still slip and slide. If you are walking you might consider a walking stick to navigate. I did Hummingbird Trail and Pine Ridge trail at 630am on Sunday. FYI: In the last two days on this trail I have seen coyote, bobcat, deer, buck, bunnies, birds and smelled a skunk. Just a warning for those that come with dogs but you can't read the signs (the dogs cannot either). I love the idea of being free to roam but we are in the rut - animals will approach your pet and you cannot stop them from being normal. It's just risky. Also, dogs off leash are able to poop and the owners not see it...which is the case on Hummingbird Trail.

This was a good map except for some parts in the middle where the trail was closed, easy to work around though.

icy

Nice loop trail with a variety of terrain (although the map didn’t match the path I encountered) that took me just over two hours to complete. I went clockwise from the trailhead and there was thick mud much of the way from the recent snow that was melting—I’m glad I wore my waterproof hiking boots! Trail wasn’t too crowded for much of the way until the last third which featured the beautiful rocky summit. I hiked this at 2:00 on a Sunday afternoon.

recorded Ute Valley Park Loop Trail

The actual trail didn’t exactly match the route shown in AllTrails, but was close enough to still follow the map. Lots of unmarked side trails make it easy to get off course. Lightly travelled for a 2:00 afternoon hike on a Wednesday. Peaceful and natural though you are always aware that you are in Colorado Springs and not in the mountains.

Not bad. I would say easy to moderate. Took me about 1.5 hrs to complete. No markings so I was glued to this app more than I wanted to be.

Took the inside loop back. A few washed out areas. Maybe saw 10 ppl on the trail. And sorry not sorry - called out some guy who didn’t pick up after his dog.

Really cool trail close to town. Just minimal amounts of shade, and the trail was horribly marked. Make sure you have enough water and daylight before you head out on this one. We got lost several times.

wonderful hike with various terrian.

Love this hike. You can do short or long loops within the park. Dog friendly

good hike with trails for hiking and some better for trail running or mountain biking

Enjoyed the trails along the bottom of the valley - these are more interesting and scenic than the "rim" trails highlighted in red on the standard map. The SW corner of the highlighted trail - it is easy to miss the recommended corner, turn as the southern most recommended segment is not the most established trail. This section is however very beautiful and worth finding.

Great trail...something new for us seniors but this is a new experience for a recently, retired couple....this is our second experience walking/hiking....we are excited about trying other trails...nice scenery!....if you’re looking for a good workout.....this is the trail!

I rode much more than just trail and I don’t think I stayed on this trail start to finish. It’s easy to get lost and end up on some gnarly trail but if you’re a good rider this place can be fun! Was worth an afternoon.