Ute and Range View Trail Loop

Ute and Range View Trail Loop is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 200 feet Route Type: Loop

fee

Utterly beautiful, there are ample scenic overlooks. In a few spots along the trail you can see the Indian Peaks even before you get to "realization point". There isn't a lot of parking at the trailhead, maybe 5 spots, and a $5 fee, self pay.

icy

Great short hike to view a sunset. The parking fee is not applicable for Boulder County tags.

icy

Overall it was a pretty cool hike. the fog rolling in and out made for some cool pictures. Icy in some paces. Definitely could have used crampons in those spots. Not crowded for a Thursday. Dog loved it.

Went back to this trail after two years. It was Friday, so not many people. It was a beautiful easy trail with the sight of the Continental Divide. My dog could go off-leash, which was great. You can go off leash if you have "Sight and Sound" tag. Then why the three stars? There were two things that spoiled my experience. When our dogs poo, we pick it up. However, we encountered a human version of it with the used TP. We saw the same in the nearby Tenderfoot trails before. Things happen. I understand that. But I do not understand why leave it and used soiled TP there is OK when we dog owners clean after our pups. Secondly, there was a very strong smell of weed. You do not want a risk of starting a fire, and I do not want my dog to get high!

Good trail on a dry day. Little bit of an incline at the beginning. Very pretty views on the trail and on the drive up. This is a fee area and you can get your Parking sticker at the trail head. Perfect first day hike for a flat-lander. There are other trail that branch off so you can extend the distance if you wish.

Trail and the drive up to the trail had awesome views. First half is steep, but second is all downhill. Edibles recommended.

Rated as moderate which I would say is accurate for beginners. I brought two friends from sea level (they arrived this morning) and they had a tough time on the way up but the second half was easy! There are still a lot of wild flowers. We saw some deer and they came pretty close to us as we sat and rested! The view at the top is pretty! Very short quick hike. Perfect trail to go to if you're not wanting to drive to far or hike for too long! Three stars because there were a lot of other trails intersecting so you had to be careful not to take the wrong way.

7-14-19 AM Took my 9lbs Chihuahua for this walk. He did the whole thing and we even took the hardest routes we could find. There wasn't that many ppl but it is moderate to low traffic. And some parts are steep but not crazy.

My wife and I loved this trail ❤️ and the views we're spectacular of the far off snow covered mountain tops.

Beautiful views. Came at 2pm on a Monday and there were only a few people. Very windy. Took 40 minutes. Easy.

West part of the trail was extremely icy. Spikes recommended. Lovely hike!

Beautiful views. A little icy.

03/09/19 (Saturday AM) great hike. patches of ice, but we just walked around, carefully. good views. dogs on leash. trail was clean of pet waste.

Sun Jan 06 2019

a little bit of wet,mud, snow and dry patches you know typical for this time of the year. over all very nice.

Fri Dec 14 2018

Nice easy hike.

Wed Sep 26 2018

Nice foothills loop with some great views of the mountains from the top. There is a road you can drive up to get to the same point.

Mon Jul 16 2018

Beautiful even on a rainy day!

Sat Jun 23 2018

Easy to moderate hike. I was planning on making the hike longer by adding the Boy Scout Trail but it does not allow dogs, it is a Habitat Conservation Area. Instead I added in the Tenderfoot Trail (out and back). Wonderful short hike for the morning and to start getting back into shape for the season. I highly recommend hiking early morning for this area. I was off the trail by 9:30 am and the trails and parking lots were packed.

Sun Jun 17 2018

great with kids

Sat Jun 09 2018

Not wheelchair friendly at all.

Thu May 31 2018

Perfect for my two kids 4 & 6! Wildflowers, enough shade from trees along the trail, beautiful views

Sun May 27 2018

Good place for a nice stroll in the evening or after work.

Mon May 21 2018

Great hike for the dogs- lots of shady spots and beautiful views.

Tue May 08 2018

Took UTE to Boy Scout ... love this area !!

Thu Jun 15 2017

lovely - flowers. nice view of the divide.

Sun May 14 2017

Very nice trail and well designed loop!

Mon Jan 09 2017

Good

Fri Dec 30 2016

Beautiful Views