Upper Box Canyon Falls

Upper Box Canyon Falls is a 0.4 mile out and back trail located near Ouray, Colorado and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until November.

Nice hike near Ouray to a foot bridge with great views. There is an access fee to these falls for $3 per adult. From the nature center simply follow the labeled trail that will start up a steep set of stairs and then continue ascending the hill until your reach a steel bridge across Box Canyon. Below you will be the falls though they are hard to see from this vantage point.

Amazing view on geological formation. Not difficult at all and very short but not for people with bad knees for example.

I wouldn't call this a hike, but hearing the roar of the waterfall and exploring the canyon was a five-star experience for me. I went late on a weekday when nobody else was there, so I felt like I was discovering something hidden all by myself. Super cool place.

A short hike with great views!!

amazing views!

Cool falls. I liked the view from the bottom better but it was a fun little hike up to the bridge

Moderately easy climb and great views. I couldn't do the bridge because of my fear of heights despite my fiance's determined coaxing. He did it and I took pics of him :)

Easy and quick but very pretty.

Beautiful

Such a beautiful place! However, you do have to pay to get in which I was not expecting based on the reviews. The lower is family friendly and the upper not too bad for the average person.

Quick short hike to the bridge. My 6 year old was on top in 10 mins. Beautiful views from the bridge.

I've done this little jaunt too. Took my kids once , so it's easy enough for young folks. This is a really narrow section of this creek. Hard to get good photos as the perspective is not like when you're standing there. Worth the effort to do the loop though.

Hiked (walked) up about 100 stairs to bridge across canyon. Beautiful

Ok spot to stop by. Lots of construction happening and no clear sign where to park. Maybe it's better later in the year.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Family friendly, hike either above (bridge) or into (stairs down) the canyon. $4 access fee.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Shirt drive from downtown Ouray. Very accessible. Nice waterfalls.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Cool view from above the falls. Be prepared for the wind.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Nice short scenic hike $4 entry fee.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

good view short and excellent for families. gives an excellent view of ouray, I recommend the ouray perimeter trail which goes through box canyon and is a good workout.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Easy, cool hike to the bridge and falls.

Monday, June 27, 2016

It's quite a climb but worth every step! Amazing view of the town!