Upper Box Canyon Falls

Upper Box Canyon Falls is a 0.4 mile out and back trail located near Ouray, Colorado and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until November.

Nice hike near Ouray to a foot bridge with great views. There is an access fee to these falls for $3 per adult. From the nature center simply follow the labeled trail that will start up a steep set of stairs and then continue ascending the hill until your reach a steel bridge across Box Canyon. Below you will be the falls though they are hard to see from this vantage point.

A short hike with great views!!

amazing views!

Cool falls. I liked the view from the bottom better but it was a fun little hike up to the bridge

Moderately easy climb and great views. I couldn't do the bridge because of my fear of heights despite my fiance's determined coaxing. He did it and I took pics of him :)

Easy and quick but very pretty.

Beautiful

Such a beautiful place! However, you do have to pay to get in which I was not expecting based on the reviews. The lower is family friendly and the upper not too bad for the average person.

Quick short hike to the bridge. My 6 year old was on top in 10 mins. Beautiful views from the bridge.

I've done this little jaunt too. Took my kids once , so it's easy enough for young folks. This is a really narrow section of this creek. Hard to get good photos as the perspective is not like when you're standing there. Worth the effort to do the loop though.

Hiked (walked) up about 100 stairs to bridge across canyon. Beautiful