Uneva Pass Trail

Uneva Pass Trail is a 18.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Frisco, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

We did this one as part of our backpacking route on the Gore Range Trail so I can't speak to the out and back route. This pass is just great. It's a slow and steady incline with constant views of copper and peak 1 (I think). We started at wheeler junction (south of wheeler lakes) and took the Gore trail the whole way. I would definitely recommend and do this hike again.

Monday, August 01, 2016

This is a great trail but much shorter than described. Both my Garmin and Gaia GPS measured the trail at about 13 miles round trip from the parking area. I went straight to Uneva Pass without checking out Wheeler Lake, which I'll do another time.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

One of the best trails you'll ever hike and certainly one of my favorites. Yes, it is long. You start at the parking area along I-70 and for the first half-mile to 3/4 mile, the sounds of traffic on I-70 can be heard; the Copper Mountain ski area is directly across I-70 to the south. After the 1-mile mark you've left civilization completely. The trail ascends gently to Wheeler Lakes with views of the Tenmile Range to the east. After that you continue upwards with several flat stretches to Lost Lake. The trail continues with one steep push up to Uneva Pass at 11,900 feet in the final stretch and then you have amazing views of Uneva Peak to the west, the Gore Range to the north, and the Tenmile Range to the east. Well worth it. Allow at least 6 hours to the pass and back and of course, take plenty of water.

Saturday, July 05, 2014