Twin Sisters Peak Trail

Twin Sisters Peak Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Estes Park: Follow Hwy 7 south past the Lily Lake Visitor Center to the turnoff for the Twin Peaks Trailhead. The trailhead is located just east of Hwy 7.

my wife and I are novice hikers. it took us around 4 1/2 hours there and back. the entire hike was amazing, and will do it again when we return next year.

Started the hike today around 7:15am; there were only 3 other cars at the trailhead. When we left, the entire dirt road to the trailhead was full. It took us about 4 hours roundtrip with some time spent at the top. The hike is a fairly steady incline throughout with a few difficult uphills shortly after you pass the landslide. Overall, not too difficult. It's a scramble up to the eastern peak but worth it. Highly recommend.

Did this trail last thursday 6/15. It was highly trafficked out, especially aroud noon at the peak. I would do it again but earlier in the morning. Took me about 3 1/2 hours, park not down at the lake and up a gravel raod at the trailhead if you want to save 20 minutes.

I hiked here this past Saturday, and our group started at about 2:30, and took about 5 hours there and back. It was absolutely gorgeous! There was almost nobody on the trail when we were there, and all the snow has melted. The hike was consistently challenging throughout. The views at the top were 360, but you have to make sure when you get to the "top" to hike up one of the two points for the full view. We also saw a really friendly marmot! Anyways, id totally do it again!
***one question about the hike hopefully someone can answer: what is up with the random tree clearing area you have to hike across? Was that from an avalanche?***

Perfect Father's Day!!! Great hike! Not thrilled with the deviation due to the flood, but still a favorite! Start early to avoid crowds!

Great hike this morning! Parked along the road and made it up and back in 4 hours. Trail is marked as 3.9 miles each way so a little longer than marked on AllTrails. Struggled a bit as my water bladder leaked all my water out and had to share my friend's- could definitely feel the altitude more when not properly hydrated! Luckily people were generous and shared. Very little snow. Poles were helpful for this trail due to some flood damage with washed out areas. Perfect 14er training hike!

Absolutely loved it! Great view of Estes Park and Longs peak.

Great hike with scenic views at the top of snow peak mountains. Hike was a little longer than advertised. Parked at Lily Lake and took a total of 4 hours. Hike early to avoid afternoon showers. Would do again!

Got ENGAGED at the top yesterday with 360 degree views of the mountains!
The entire hike was spotted with beautiful views. A little snowy in spots so a hiking stick was extremely helpful, but did not need crampons. Made it out and back in 5 hours but really took our time at the top (

Great hike. A little areas with snow but no big deal. Most of the trail is well maintained and only a few areas where it is really steep.