Twin Sisters Peak Trail

Twin Sisters Peak Trail is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Estes Park: Follow Hwy 7 south past the Lily Lake Visitor Center to the turnoff for the Twin Peaks Trailhead. The trailhead is located just east of Hwy 7.

Excellent day out! Great hike be prepared needed spikes for traction icy in many spots but for this time of year no snow to speak of and that’s amazing. Excellent views of Longs Peak and RMNP trail was in great shape !!

Pretty snowy right now. Not much ice yet though. I would recommend some gaiters and microspikes though. Parking is easy and the roads are clear to the trail head.

How is the road this time of year to the trail? Would love to do this but only have a front wheel drive passenger car.

I went today with my friend! We weren't planning on doing this hike but we said "screw it, you only live once." The beginning was definitely harder due to the snow. When we got closer to the summit in some parts the snow was up to our thighs! It took about 2.5 hours going up but only about 1.25 hours going down ( we ran most of the way though) ! Definitely would recommend water proof shoes, lots of water, snacks, extra gloves, and long wool socks! Loved it, worth it even though I had a mental break down because I was scared of falling off the mountain due to the wind

Trail not too difficult and not crowded on this day. Lots of boulders and steady ascents gives the hike a HARD rating. Good views at many vantage points along the way. Got very snowy with patches of ice the last mile, along with cold wind. But that section also has longer switchbacks so it made maneuvering with just waterproof hiking boots on possible. By the time we came back down around 2 pm, we were slightly too warm. Dress in layers. Winter hat and gloves are a must because of the cold blowing wind and chilly morning temps.

great views.. nice hike

Our favorite hike of our 4 days in RMNP. We were looking for a relatively quick ascent for elevation gain and easy access from Estes Park. Deep woods on the lower part which opened up to grand views of the snow covered mountains as you get to about 2.5 miles up. We got lucky as we were first ascent after the first major snowfall of the season. It would have been a tad difficult to do this hike w/o this application and track to follow. Toward the top, about 3+ miles in, the trail got thick with snow and we were scrambling on rocks. We finally gave up on the heavily snowed in trail and scrambled straight up the last few switchbacks as there was less snow on the steeper parts. We made it to the middle saddle and had views out on both sides of one of the sisters to see snow covered peaks with a layer of clouds all around us. We were fortunate as it was sunny and no wind. We ran out of time to scramble up each of the sisters. Overall, our favorite: quiet trail (for us), woods, nice ascent (2,400', 4 miles, peaked at 11,400').

Thank you to everyone who repaired the trail this summer. It's one of my favorites.

Awesome hike to a summit with views of beastly Longs peak alongside the whole way. After you cross the restoration open landslide area there is the steepest elevation climb of the hike and it's more gradual after that. Fantastic panorama with longs at the summit.

One of my faves in RMNP

We started our hike around 7am and were immediately greeted by a family of elk which was pretty exciting. The trail itself is very well maintained and impossible to miss. We hiked at a very relaxed pace and it took us approximately 3 hours to get to the top. While the views on top (especially of Longs Peak) were pretty amazing you only get above tree line for the last 20 min and before that there are pretty much no views at all. It should be rated moderate in my opinion, not hard.

Arrived at the trailhead at 6:15am, took me 2.5 hrs to get to the summit, spent 1.5 there, and took me 1.5 hrs to descend. When you arrive at the summit, there are two peaks, one on the right is an easier ascent, the one of the left is scrambling up boulders but worth it. You'll find the benchmark on the left one at the highest point. I didn't see another soul until about 30 mins after I arrived on the summit, and the whole time I was up there I only saw 5 other people. Saw about 15 people during my descent. Incredible views. Breathtaking boulder field at the top, unlike anything I've ever seen.

Trails well maintained. I'm 37 and partner was 25. Both descent shape with backpacks(don't need backpack unless you want to bring food and drink dry clothes). 3hrs round trip. Spent prob 20 min of that at summit taking pics. Rained heavily on assent.

awesome. great views the entire way. definitely one to do

Great trail really rocky above tree line
Excellent views from top not sure how
People do this hike in tennis shoes?
Not recommended

Awesome trail!

Great hike! Did it with my two kids today (ages 10 and 12). The incline was a good challenge but with lots of breaks ( and patience) the kids did just fine. We loved the scramble at the end up to the actual summit. Overall the trail was in great condition and easy to follow. They were working on a bit of it just past the most recent rockslide which was a bit challenging but nothing we couldn't handle. We got on the trail just after 7am to beat any afternoon storms. Finished around 12:30 pm. First time up this trail and I would have to say this hike is one of my top favorites!

Great trail! Beautiful

Completed July 7, 2017. Trails are in great shape. Spectacular views. The portion of trail directly affected by the mudslide/avalanche is repaired. However the area immediately past it on your ascent is being worked on so it's a little rough going for about .25 miles. Might be challenging for kids or if you're not sure-footed. I would do this summit hike again in a heartbeat.

Definitely not easy and one to do early in the morning. But the summit view is worth it