Twin Sisters Peak Trail

Twin Sisters Peak Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Estes Park: Follow Hwy 7 south past the Lily Lake Visitor Center to the turnoff for the Twin Peaks Trailhead. The trailhead is located just east of Hwy 7.

Awesome hike to a summit with views of beastly Longs peak alongside the whole way. After you cross the restoration open landslide area there is the steepest elevation climb of the hike and it's more gradual after that. Fantastic panorama with longs at the summit.

One of my faves in RMNP

We started our hike around 7am and were immediately greeted by a family of elk which was pretty exciting. The trail itself is very well maintained and impossible to miss. We hiked at a very relaxed pace and it took us approximately 3 hours to get to the top. While the views on top (especially of Longs Peak) were pretty amazing you only get above tree line for the last 20 min and before that there are pretty much no views at all. It should be rated moderate in my opinion, not hard.

Arrived at the trailhead at 6:15am, took me 2.5 hrs to get to the summit, spent 1.5 there, and took me 1.5 hrs to descend. When you arrive at the summit, there are two peaks, one on the right is an easier ascent, the one of the left is scrambling up boulders but worth it. You'll find the benchmark on the left one at the highest point. I didn't see another soul until about 30 mins after I arrived on the summit, and the whole time I was up there I only saw 5 other people. Saw about 15 people during my descent. Incredible views. Breathtaking boulder field at the top, unlike anything I've ever seen.

Trails well maintained. I'm 37 and partner was 25. Both descent shape with backpacks(don't need backpack unless you want to bring food and drink dry clothes). 3hrs round trip. Spent prob 20 min of that at summit taking pics. Rained heavily on assent.

awesome. great views the entire way. definitely one to do