Twin Sisters Peak Trail

Twin Sisters Peak Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, horses, and snowshoeing and is best used from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Estes Park: Follow Hwy 7 south past the Lily Lake Visitor Center to the turnoff for the Twin Peaks Trailhead. The trailhead is located just east of Hwy 7.

Decent hike. Packed snow on most of the trail. The 2013 flood and landslide damage on the trail has not been repaired yet.

I wouldn't recommend this trail during mud season. Also, the trail around the wash is hard to find leaving you guessing as to where to pick up the trail above the wash. Finding few tracks and evidence of deep post holes we though it prudent to turn around. The locals seem to know the way and offered the info as to how to navigate but Downed tress, deep snow and poor trail markings make for a less than optimal hiking experience this time of year.

Beautiful views

Went up for the sunrise. Absolutely stunning views from the top.

To add to my previous review, the trail is actually 3.7 miles long and the road to the trailhead is closed in winter so it's a a few tenths of a mile hike to get to the trailhead.

Fantastic hike! It's under tree cover until the last quarter mile which is just phenomenal. I hiked in late February and the trail was well packed and easy to follow. It was pretty icy -probably could have used more than my yaktracks and was glad I brought trekking poles.

Attempted to climb this today. Made it about 3 miles up and chickened out once the blizzard came in. It was very windy and the snow blowing into my face was slightly painful. The hike would've been doable if the weather was more favorable. I will definitely try to summit next time when the weather is better. There was another guy who was a beast who ran past me going up and ran past me going down. I give props to him.

Beautiful hike, gets pretty rocky but it's well worth it.

great sunrise hike!

Great trail. We hiked it in early October and it was comfortably warm at the bottom and crisp at the top. Nothing overly technical or difficult, though the shortened switchbacks by the washed out area of the trail are relatively steep. It's a great trail for folks like us, Midwesterners who are in pretty good shape but don't have the time/gear/acclimation to tackle one of the more technical peaks. Round trip it took us 5 hours on the dot, with plenty of breaks for pictures and snacks.

The only crappy part was walking through that mudslide area. But other than that great hike. Great views at the top

Great hike to see the colors and Longs Peak.