Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Turkey Flats Loop Trail is a 10.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fruita, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.3 miles Elevation Gain: 1,377 feet Route Type: Loop

I am 58 with RA and recovering from foot surgery. That being said, I loved this trail. It was so green and beautiful. The trail starts out very narrow which to me just means I have to watch my steps (to protect the ankles.). There are some trees blown down across the path that you will need to step over or go under. We made it to the loop and went right. However, within 1/2 a mile or so it had patches of muddy trail. So we turned around and hiked back out. To be fair we had not intended to hike the entire trail this time. My son was with me and would like to come back and bike it. There was one girl mountain biking, but she turned back at the same muddy spot we did. A couple more weeks and I’ll bet a lot of the mud will be dried up. We will be back.

Fantastic trail. Can’t wait to come back for the autumn colors.

Great trail! Did this with my 13 yo nephew. We made two days out of it by backpacking and overnighting. Definitely plenty of places to set up camp. Also lots of good tree coverage for hiking in the shade. Only downside was the mosquitos and all the mud. Pretty sure the mosquitos are probably a regular but the mud was definitely due to all the snow melt.

Tue Jul 24 2018

Awesome trail and not too busy...

Sun May 07 2017

Only went a couple miles in but it was a pretty hike!

Sun Oct 09 2016

missed fall colors by a couple weeks but still great

recorded Turkey Flats Loop