Tunnel Drive Trail

Tunnel Drive Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Canon City, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Awesome Trail!!!! easily accessible and dog friendly. we really enjoyed the views it had to offer. I plan to frequent this gem...

Awesome trail, easily accessible and most importantly, DOG FRIENDLY. The trail features beautiful wild flowers, a couple of tunnels, some really pretty rock formations, several benches and picnic tables conveniently located at all of the scenic outlooks.
The entire length of the trail runs parallel to the Arkansas river. I would rate this trail as easy, almost effortless. Very beautiful and enjoyable, I will definitely be a repeat hiker!

Beautiful views and a very easy ride

I was disappointed to discover that although the trail runs along the Arkansas there is not river access. I should have done more research. I did appreciate that the tunnels are within the first mile of the trail so if people want to enjoy just the tunnels they don't have to complete the whole trail. it is also stroller friendly which is nice for me now.

One of mine and my husband's favorite trails. Beautiful views and very easy trail. Although I prefer a little more of a challenged hike, this is definitely a nice chill hike with plenty of great spots to sit and eat lunch or a snack. We're actually going tomorrow and then to check out the new location of The Gold Mine Rock Shop. Can't wait.

Great after lunch walk with the pups!

Great after lunch walk with the pups!

Had a lot of fun walking and climbing with my 5 year old. Got to see some wildlife at the end of the trail, too!

Okay. Other than the initial climb from the parking lot, it is a very flat trail. Took 3 kids out under 5 and they thought the tunnels were great but quickly grew bored of the flat trail. That being said, if you're looking for a decent flat walking path complete with benches and trash bins this is it! It was very well maintained and heavily trafficked for a mid-week day outing.

did it 2 days in a row