Tunnel Drive Trail

Tunnel Drive Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Canon City, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Nice trail. Views are amazing. Tunnels are really cool. Got to see a train, hooray!!

It's a pretty walk. It'll be much nicer once they connect tunnel drive to the Canyon rim Trail.

Easy trail with great views

Love it!

Very nice easy hike, great for when mom comes to visit! Uphill at first but levels out soon enough. Would be great for running!

Beautifully scenic, very easy, trail along the Arkansas River on the edge of Canon City. Great for children, pets, and hikers of all skill levels. What impressed me most were 1) it is accessible for the disabled for its full 2-mile length - I passed a gentleman in a wheelchair who was being pushed by another man, in the company of several other jolly women and men - and 2) how well maintained it is. If you time your hike right (I started at noon), you can see the Royal Gorge Train meandering along the bank of the river - a treat for kids. Additionally, the Tunnel Drive Trail connects with the River Walk Trail, for those hikers who would like to do them both in tandem.

Really fun night hike!!!! Tunnel are creepy but 100% worth it . Not sure what it looks like in the day I'm sure it's really nice cool night breeze on the Fourth of July . Did it a few years back

Awesome Trail!!!! easily accessible and dog friendly. we really enjoyed the views it had to offer. I plan to frequent this gem...

Awesome trail, easily accessible and most importantly, DOG FRIENDLY. The trail features beautiful wild flowers, a couple of tunnels, some really pretty rock formations, several benches and picnic tables conveniently located at all of the scenic outlooks.
The entire length of the trail runs parallel to the Arkansas river. I would rate this trail as easy, almost effortless. Very beautiful and enjoyable, I will definitely be a repeat hiker!

Beautiful views and a very easy ride

I was disappointed to discover that although the trail runs along the Arkansas there is not river access. I should have done more research. I did appreciate that the tunnels are within the first mile of the trail so if people want to enjoy just the tunnels they don't have to complete the whole trail. it is also stroller friendly which is nice for me now.

One of mine and my husband's favorite trails. Beautiful views and very easy trail. Although I prefer a little more of a challenged hike, this is definitely a nice chill hike with plenty of great spots to sit and eat lunch or a snack. We're actually going tomorrow and then to check out the new location of The Gold Mine Rock Shop. Can't wait.