Treasure Falls Trail

Treasure Falls Trail is a 0.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Pagosa Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and snowshoeing and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Pagosa Springs, Colorado: Parking lot is located 14 miles east of Pagosa Springs on the south side of U.S. Hwy 160 at the base of Wolf Creek Pass.

Hiked to the top with my 6 year old daughter.and she loved it. The trail was part ice/snow/mud but easily navigable. We can't seem to drive by without stopping.

great hike for kids and dogs even in winter. Just be sure to bring your snow shoes :)

A really fun and beautiful place to visit. Their are two different trails you can take to reach the falls. One is a well taken care of trail with signs to learn about different biology facts. The other is a trail that at a point in time was the main trail, but years ago it was hit by a land slide. It's very rugged and steep at points. If you are visiting in the summer months, and you are looking for a nice secluded trail to enjoy nature, this is definitely not what your looking for. The area is normally packed with tourists. But during fall, spring, and winter its normally fairly quiet. One thing to keep in mind is that the falls are blocked off with fences and signs to prevent you from going near its base.

Beautiful in winter.
Took 3 year old and baby in ergo. 3 year old enjoyed it and wanted more.
Frozen waterfall at end. Breath taking.

Breathtaking quick and easy

Love this trail ,where I proposed to my wife!

Short beautiful hike. Cool autumn temperature. Waterfall is pretty.

Very nice quick hike and spectacular waterfall, was there when it was snowing.

Falls were amazing. Short easy hike from the parking lot. Recommended viewing.

My wife and I took our four kids and my Father in law and had a great time. We took the primitive trail and it was awesome! Definitely a family friendly Hike and well worth it.

Great easy quick hike with some beautiful views. If you're up for a little more challenge take the less traveled trail to the right of the entrance and then come back on the main trail, as you get a few more scenic views that way.

Short trail, but a little steep. Beautiful waterfall and scenic views.

Great little hike to see a beautiful waterfall!

Easy but nice hike. I suggest going in spring. We went in August and the falls were kinda small.

Short hike up to the mist platform. Waterfall wasn't gushing from the previous times we have done this trail.

This is a fun easy hike, doesn't take you much time. On the left is the main trail and on the right is the interpretive trail. The bridge is about 3/4 way up to the falls, this is where the interpretive and main trail intersect, so you can switch trails or stay on the same one for the way down once you walk up to the falls.

Easy trail. Spray from falls feels good when you get to the top. Lots of people out here when we stopped.

Pretty easy trek up to a beautiful waterfall. Opportunities to get off the beaten path if that's your thing. Once you make it to the top be sure to cross the creek and come back down the mountain using the primitive trails. Really fun family adventure.

This was a great trail! Not too hard, easy for our 6 YO.

This was a great trail! Not too hard, easy for our 6 YO.

Popular hike, thus crowded, just off highway. Pretty falls.

Beautiful water fall! 2 days ago my daughter, her friend and I took the steeper trail up and it was a short yet mild to moderate hike up and mild hike down. We enjoyed standing close to the fall for a misty breeze and some fun pics!

Fantastic for the family. Two routes up - one very mild. The other a moderately steep hike.

Super fun for kids and family. Short beautiful little hike.

So good and kid friendly!

Short, beautiful hike. We used the actual path going up to the falls then took the primitive trail back down. Different decks around the falls to take photos.

We also saw a couple of blue jays flying around.

Great waterfall, small hike.

It's so conveniently close to the road you shouldn't pass it up. Pretty busy but it's so short that it's a nice in and out.