off road driving

paddle sports

rock climbing

scenic driving

skiing

Worth the effort for the views, wildflowers in July and fun trail. It is rated difficult bike trail in some guides but is very do-able for an advanced intermediate rider in relatively good shape. I spend 4 to 5 hours a week at gym or on bike at 100 feet altitude and I did fine. I gave myself a couple of days of hiking to acclimate to the 10,000+ feet altitude then rode the uphill very slow not letting my heart rate get out of control. The downhill was ultra fun with just a few technical spots that I walked for a few feet. I did slide out once in a tight curve and there are places where you might fall on the steep hillside but if you are careful it's not gonna happen. I did the 8 mile loop starting a Rustler's Gulch, climbed the DUSTY road 3 gradual miles then right to trail at top. Climbed/pushed 1.5 more miles on trail to another top but the flowers and views were fabulous during the climb. Then whoopee downhill rest of the way (there is one difficult curve that is steep and washed out but can be walked). Back at Rustler's Gulch there is a very deep creek to cross but if you go upstream about 50 feet and cross by big tree it's only a few inches deep then a push up semi-steep short hill on other side to get back on road. This trail is very popular and narrow, please be kind to other bikers and hikers which may mean slowing down for hikers and letting faster people pass you.