Thomas Trail

Thomas Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Green Mountain Falls, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great easy trail. took friends from the Midwest on it and they loved it. waterfalls were cool and got to see some wild life.

Very nice trail! Steep in some parts but nothing to crazy. Yes

This was a great trail. I loved the challenge of it and how you could climb up around the stream and then connect back in with the trail further up.

I will agree with folks on the downer of the road walking required, but honestly it wasn’t too bad. Never really ran in to cars. Hitting both waterfalls was a plus...so pretty. It was nice to sit on the rocks and enjoy a snack while listening to the water. I would do this one again!

This trail was fun and beautiful, but it is definitely a tough “moderate” for people who don’t do much hiking. It was just a bit more than we were expecting!
We decided to go backwards (west>east) on the trail because the finishing point was right by our cabin, but that was not the best choice. We started with a long road just straight uphill, rather than having a steady incline across the mountain. Also, not sure if we missed markers because we were going the wrong way, but it seemed like a good portion of the trail was not marked well.

Love this trail, one of my favorites.

A great little trail! A good workout and some pretty views of Green Mountain Falls and some small waterfalls. Can still hear the highway at some points. But still beautiful! Stop off at The Pantry for some brunch after!

Very pretty, there are some parts of the trail where you need to pay attention to the markers, but worth the hike!

The waterfall that this hike leads to is awesome!

The trail to the falls wasn't my favorite, but the ending spot was great, and we only saw 3 other people the whole time. Took us less than an hour and a half to do the whole loop. We parked at the lake/gazebo in town and then walked up Foster Rd to the trailhead. Thomas trail is a steady climb up to the falls. The trail was a little icy the last .5 miles to the falls, so wear some good boots. We came down Belvidere Road to get back to town.

Overall a great, short hike.

Really good hike, not long at all. And the beautiful waterfall makes up for the lack of views throughout it!

Definitely moderate. Beautiful hike.

We return to Green Mountain Falls annually. Our favorite of the area is Catamount Reservoir Trail which Thomas Trail can be used to access for a little longer hike.

Parking is available in town at the four way stop, don’t drive up Boulder St. there is no parking at the trailhead and there is no turnaround. You’ll be backing down the hill if you attemp it. Best to save yourself the 15 minutes and just park in town, the trail pops you out in town anyway.
Otherwise the trail is nice, not too busy and moderate in difficulty. I would never ride my mountain bike on this trail either direction, not sure why it’s suggested.

Beautiful hike. If you go east to west on the mountain portion (not through the town portion), it's a steady uphill and "steps" down hill. If you go this way, the LARGE waterfall will be your reward at the end of your hike! ;)
The only the I didn't like is you have to walk through the town to get back to where you started. It is a gorgeous town but it just wasn't ideal.

Great waterfall . Hike was moderate for sure.

The waterfall is great. You need to park in the city park and walk to the trailhead about a mile away, straight uphill. This trail was rated moderate, but it is a Colorado moderate, so for an older hiker from sea level I found it challenging at times. You do need to walk through some shallow water at the top of the waterfall. Also, the trail is well marked at parts and not marked at all where I seemed to need it most. However, any day in the woods is a good day.

Mountain Biking..... this is NOT a mountain biking trail whatsoever. First hour plus spent pushing and carrying my bike over completely un-rideable terrain. I'm a moderate mountain biker, and I don't see how even an expert could enjoy any part of this or even stay alive trying to ride it.

Trail IS clearly marked. Trail IS probably the most beautiful I've been on as far as a hike goes. DO plan to hike this trail. DO NOT plan to take your mountain bike.

It was beautiful, but the trail doesn't have enough markers. It says to follow the yellow dots, but they are difficult to spot and too few of them.

Nice connecting trail to catamount falls trail. Located above Green Mountain Falls.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

This trail was beautiful and since there was a waterfall it automatically makes it great! The trail heads are hard to find and there isn't parking anywhere nearby. those are my only complaints about this one!

Monday, July 03, 2017

Beautiful falls, challenging course but doable. Dogs had a great time. Enjoyed our hike very much!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

We do not like hearing traffic during a hike

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Awesome challenging yet fun trail!!

Thursday, June 15, 2017

What a great hike! some slightly technical areas that were a great way to introduce our puppy to a River crossing and some rock scrambling. We really enjoyed this fun trail. It is a bummer to have to walk through town, but it's not bad and worth it.

Thursday, June 08, 2017

So awesome.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

I hiked this trail yesterday taking one of the longer routes to go by both Crystal Falls and Catamount Falls, wanting a longer hike, which ended up being just shy of 5 miles. This is one of my favorite trails, rocky and steep but very beautiful! It was a week day and we only saw one other family of hikers, so it was very peaceful. All and all this was a beautiful, challenging hike that I highly recommend. The waterfalls and views alone make it worth the trek. I love that you have to cross the river on rocks to get to the rest of the trail (it's not too challenging just take it slow).

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

great trail to acclimate to the elevation... steep enough to make you breathe in the cool mtn air...

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Best trail in the area for beginners or young children. Beautiful waterfalls.