Thomas Trail

Thomas Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Green Mountain Falls, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The waterfall is great. You need to park in the city park and walk to the trailhead about a mile away, straight uphill. This trail was rated moderate, but it is a Colorado moderate, so for an older hiker from sea level I found it challenging at times. You do need to walk through some shallow water at the top of the waterfall. Also, the trail is well marked at parts and not marked at all where I seemed to need it most. However, any day in the woods is a good day.

Mountain Biking..... this is NOT a mountain biking trail whatsoever. First hour plus spent pushing and carrying my bike over completely un-rideable terrain. I'm a moderate mountain biker, and I don't see how even an expert could enjoy any part of this or even stay alive trying to ride it.

Trail IS clearly marked. Trail IS probably the most beautiful I've been on as far as a hike goes. DO plan to hike this trail. DO NOT plan to take your mountain bike.

It was beautiful, but the trail doesn't have enough markers. It says to follow the yellow dots, but they are difficult to spot and too few of them.

Nice connecting trail to catamount falls trail. Located above Green Mountain Falls.

This trail was beautiful and since there was a waterfall it automatically makes it great! The trail heads are hard to find and there isn't parking anywhere nearby. those are my only complaints about this one!

Beautiful falls, challenging course but doable. Dogs had a great time. Enjoyed our hike very much!

We do not like hearing traffic during a hike

Awesome challenging yet fun trail!!

What a great hike! some slightly technical areas that were a great way to introduce our puppy to a River crossing and some rock scrambling. We really enjoyed this fun trail. It is a bummer to have to walk through town, but it's not bad and worth it.