Thomas Trail

Thomas Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Green Mountain Falls, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Definitely moderate. Beautiful hike.

We return to Green Mountain Falls annually. Our favorite of the area is Catamount Reservoir Trail which Thomas Trail can be used to access for a little longer hike.

Parking is available in town at the four way stop, don’t drive up Boulder St. there is no parking at the trailhead and there is no turnaround. You’ll be backing down the hill if you attemp it. Best to save yourself the 15 minutes and just park in town, the trail pops you out in town anyway.
Otherwise the trail is nice, not too busy and moderate in difficulty. I would never ride my mountain bike on this trail either direction, not sure why it’s suggested.

Beautiful hike. If you go east to west on the mountain portion (not through the town portion), it's a steady uphill and "steps" down hill. If you go this way, the LARGE waterfall will be your reward at the end of your hike! ;)
The only the I didn't like is you have to walk through the town to get back to where you started. It is a gorgeous town but it just wasn't ideal.

Great waterfall . Hike was moderate for sure.

The waterfall is great. You need to park in the city park and walk to the trailhead about a mile away, straight uphill. This trail was rated moderate, but it is a Colorado moderate, so for an older hiker from sea level I found it challenging at times. You do need to walk through some shallow water at the top of the waterfall. Also, the trail is well marked at parts and not marked at all where I seemed to need it most. However, any day in the woods is a good day.

Mountain Biking..... this is NOT a mountain biking trail whatsoever. First hour plus spent pushing and carrying my bike over completely un-rideable terrain. I'm a moderate mountain biker, and I don't see how even an expert could enjoy any part of this or even stay alive trying to ride it.

Trail IS clearly marked. Trail IS probably the most beautiful I've been on as far as a hike goes. DO plan to hike this trail. DO NOT plan to take your mountain bike.

It was beautiful, but the trail doesn't have enough markers. It says to follow the yellow dots, but they are difficult to spot and too few of them.

Nice connecting trail to catamount falls trail. Located above Green Mountain Falls.

This trail was beautiful and since there was a waterfall it automatically makes it great! The trail heads are hard to find and there isn't parking anywhere nearby. those are my only complaints about this one!

Beautiful falls, challenging course but doable. Dogs had a great time. Enjoyed our hike very much!

We do not like hearing traffic during a hike

Awesome challenging yet fun trail!!

What a great hike! some slightly technical areas that were a great way to introduce our puppy to a River crossing and some rock scrambling. We really enjoyed this fun trail. It is a bummer to have to walk through town, but it's not bad and worth it.

So awesome.

I hiked this trail yesterday taking one of the longer routes to go by both Crystal Falls and Catamount Falls, wanting a longer hike, which ended up being just shy of 5 miles. This is one of my favorite trails, rocky and steep but very beautiful! It was a week day and we only saw one other family of hikers, so it was very peaceful. All and all this was a beautiful, challenging hike that I highly recommend. The waterfalls and views alone make it worth the trek. I love that you have to cross the river on rocks to get to the rest of the trail (it's not too challenging just take it slow).

great trail to acclimate to the elevation... steep enough to make you breathe in the cool mtn air...

Best trail in the area for beginners or young children. Beautiful waterfalls.

This is by far one of my favorite trails to date! It had beautiful views and ended with a waterfall. It gets your heart rate going and there are some steep areas. You do have to walk through town first to get to the trail. It took me about 2 hours to do the entire loop!

Nice Trail. Half through the Woods, and half through the town to get back to the car.