The Sawtooth via Mount Bierstandt Trail Loop

The Sawtooth via Mount Bierstandt Trail Loop is a 8.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Montezuma, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers and primarily used for hiking.

OMG. Absolutely breathtaking. Not only for the views but the exhilaration! First class 3 and I have not stopped thinking about it! Started from the trail head at 1 pm. Summited Bierdstadt at 3pm, then made the decision to cross the Sawtooth. Pretty easy, just watched my footing and didnt hesitate to crawl a bit-definitely used a lot of arm strength lowering myself down. About 3/4's of the way across you are forced onto the front face of the ridge where there are sheer drops of at least 1000 feet. DO NOT LOOK DOWN! lol Unless you are into that kind of thing. I just kept my head down sand my eyes on the trail(ledge). Definitely a point where my heart and head were screaming for me to get the hell off that rock but what are you gonna do? Sit up there and wait for someone to come get you? Exhilarating. Took 2 hours to cross the ridge, then about another 1 1/2 to summit Evans. Hitchhiked back to Breck after that-boyfriend said we needed to cross back over the ridge to get back to the car. Crazy ass. I told him hell no, made friends with some people that had driven up and ended up having dinner with them.lol What an adventure! If you are terrified of heights, in any way out of shape or inexperienced to hiking please dont even think about this one-stick with summiting Bierdstadt.:)

I wish I had brought gloves when I crossed the sawtooth, oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rock climbing

The sawtooth is a class 3 technical route. There is dramatic exposure on the route where a mistake could be fatal. A
climbing helmet is recommended along with approach shoes or hiking boots that have sticky rubber.

A very long day with some fairly technical parts, but a great challenge. What a blast!