The Loneliest Road (US Highway 50)

The Loneliest Road (US Highway 50) is a 1134.1 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for nature trips and scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

scenic driving

Hwy 50 is one of the most beautiful, well-maintained and helpfully annotated roads in America. If you appreciate mountains, rivers, clouds and sky, you'll love this trek. From Colorado Springs take CO 115 to Hwy US 50, then head west to Sacramento.

scenic driving

We went on the segment from Delta, Utah to the Nevada border. This road goes past Lake Sevier.. Along this route there are a lot of BLM turn offs. I'd like to know more about all the different BLM areas as some looked pretty interesting. Keep in mind that cell service along this route is sparse to non-existent.

By the way, I am confused why there are pictures of Arches National Park on this page. Shouldn't they be on the page for Arches National Park driving trail or the trail of the arch?

I could never find it took me to the middle of the busy road and stopped. I looked for about an hour for it.

I walked this during one of my cross country hikes. It's definitely lonely.. Bring lots of water before you cross over into Nevada. - Jake Does America

Thursday, March 16, 2017

So far, I have only explored a gorgeous but small section of the road in the Lake Tahoe area. I am very much looking forward to driving longer and more 'lonely' segments this summer in Colorado and eastern Utah. More pictures to come!