The Loneliest Road

The Loneliest Road is a 1134.1 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

Point to Point

scenic driving

Hwy 50 is one of the most beautiful, well-maintained and helpfully annotated roads in America. If you appreciate mountains, rivers, clouds and sky, you'll love this trek. From Colorado Springs take CO 115 to Hwy US 50, then head west to Sacramento.

I could never find it took me to the middle of the busy road and stopped. I looked for about an hour for it.

I walked this during one of my cross country hikes. It's definitely lonely.. Bring lots of water before you cross over into Nevada. - Jake Does America

scenic driving

So far, I have only explored a gorgeous but small section of the road in the Lake Tahoe area. I am very much looking forward to driving longer and more 'lonely' segments this summer in Colorado and eastern Utah. More pictures to come!