The Incline Trail

The Incline Trail is a 3.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Manitou Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

2020 feet

The trail is the remains of a cog railway that went to the top of Manitou Mountain. The trail gains about 2000 feet of elevation in about a mile. Imagine climbing a rough uneven set of stairs that's a mile long. There is a bail out about half way up that will put you on Barr Trail. Beware of the false summit just past the bail out. Once you're at the top you can hike back down the incline, or turn south and hike or run back down Barr Trail. The view from the top over Colorado Springs is worth the effort. This is a great trail for training and it is what most people use it for.

1 hour ago

this was the hardest trail I have done to date. I loved the challenge. I brought snacks and a back
pack if water. worth the view at the very top. took my cousin and I nearly 3 hours to get up. this was our first time.

Hiking and trail running

hike and trail running

Went three times would go again

This can either be the hardest workout of your life or a standard stair workout depending on your pace. If you step carefully enough to never lose your breath you will make it up with no problems. Don't take breaks...just keep stepping.

Did this hike yesterday and it was pretty tough. Hydrate before you begin, and take plenty of water and snacks for energy. The view from the top is well worth every grueling step.

What an amazing experience, can you say CARDiO a SoCal gal like me was not used to the elevation, my mentall strength definately helped me on this hike. I acclimated for 3 days before I tried to hike, I was there at 5am was able to climb up in one hour. so amazed after I hiked down. great views and amazing pictures by the way definately one of the best workouts ever

Difficult, but rewarding. There are a lot of people on the trail, but everyone is supportive and friendly. Dogs are prohibited from the trail because of the difficulty level.

Was in awesome hike!!!