Tenderfoot Trail is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and running and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 275 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

$5 parking fee

Beautiful views! Perfect for kids! We went with two toddlers, and a six year old and they loved it! It was a bit more than 1.6 miles and over 400 ft elevation gain per my apple watch though. I would recommend it to newbies and anyone with young kids. Parking was very limited.

A couple of steep inclines/declines with loose footing but overall a perfect scenic trail.

Beautiful sunny day, dry trail, amazing view.

fee

Short easy hike on a narrow path. There is some incline on the back-end of the hike, but nothing difficult; just enough to get your heart rate up. Saw a rafter of about 15 turkeys near the end of the trail. $5 parking fee is currently waived due to COVID-19.

5/14/20 - I think this trail is fantastic. It is super easy and a fairly short distance! The wildflowers are beautiful and it is a nicely manicured trail the branches off to the Divide Overlook which is always cool to see. This is a trail that you could take a two-year-old on… It’s very easy, relaxing and enjoyable. I was there at about 1 o’clock on a Thursday and I only saw two other people on the Tenderfoot trail itself. I didn’t have any issues with parking but I parked down at Chautauqua and came up via the Gregory Canyon Trail, crossed over Flagstaff onto the Tenderfoot trail.

Great views for such a short distance.

I did not find this trail easy! It's an out and back, and if you do the full length of the trail, it's mostly downhill going in, which means that the way back up was all uphill at a pretty decent incline, especially the first half back up. Granted, I am overweight and quit smoking 4 months ago, but it was still on the harder side of moderate in my book. That being said, it's an incredible trail. Path is narrow, but the views are unbeatable! My pup and I had a blast, even if my cardio needs improvement lol.

Great trail, very easy. All clear. Fees are currently waved due to Covid-19.

icy

Still entirely snow-covered, not impossible with just hiking boots since the elevation gain is so small though. Very pretty views for such an easy hike!

Definitely a good trail for dry winter days - only a small amount of snow and ice but nothing hiking shoes can’t handle.

Trail was perfect for me along with my four and six year old. Mild spots of snow and ice, but otherwise dry with beautiful views.

Terrific hike if you’re wanting picture perfect views and Something short and easy to do. Lots of trails in this area off of Flagstaff to explore.

Poorly marked to start. Maybe it was road construction, but no parking fee however you have to walk at least .7 mile from parking lot to get to trailhead. The trail was easy and very nice. Only saw 2 other people on. Despite being nice, not sure I would hike it again due to poor signage and accessibility.

You can check this trail from starting point to the end with short video on YouTube. “Tenderfoot Trail - Boulder, Colorado #8 ★★★★”.

Great trail, somewhat easy and great views! Cappy did a great job!

I loved this trail! Quick and easy, with stunning views. Would be great for out-of-town guests who want a nice intro to hiking.

This is a fee area ($5), please remember to keep your dogs leashed and pick up after them. This trail was clear, and clean with lots of flowers. I saw a deer in velvet and a black squirrel. At 7am, we hiked in shade.

Beautiful views, really easy hike. Great for kids & older dogs, on a cooler day.

Nice and short hike. Great views of far off snow covered montains. Great view of the front range. A good trail for those not looking for much elevation change. Wonderful moments on a skinny trail and great views below. Good for older pups too.

Short and sweet hike. Easily accessible, well groomed trail. Downhill out, uphill back. One very short steep incline at finish (Divide View trail). Spotted wild turkeys on trail. Appreciated the lovely breeze and clean air. Trail was dry, with a few spots of slippery, dry gravel. Slightly buggy. Mixed sun and shade, semi-treed by pines. Two or so little splinter trails to rock outcroppings for peaceful respite. Good views. Picnic area in shade at parking lot. Well marked.

Sun Jun 02 2019

A great little hike. Brought my 3 year old niece and mom on this trail, they handled it fine. Also suggest driving up .5 miles up to the flagstaff summit and taking Ute trail down *if someone can drive back down to the start of tenderfoot where Ute ends/begins as it’s all downhill then.*

Sun May 26 2019

Great mild hike with great views. Looped boy scout trail at the end of this trail. Small pathway that opens up at the very end. Kids, dogs, and friends handled the hike well.

Tue May 21 2019

Quiet trail that we usually do out and back, part of trail in the trees and part out open pasture

Wed Apr 17 2019

Relaxing way hike. Pretty views. Skinny trails to start and a wider dirt road for the second half

Wed Apr 03 2019

Totally enjoyed this trail. There’s Something about walking on a narrow trail amongst the trees and the views was spectacular. At the time we visited, very few people were on the trail. Felt secluded. There is a $5 parking fee and is dog friendly. At the end of this trail, we took Chapman’s trail to loop ya back to the parking lot. Great hike. Will visit again. Oh one more thing, the drive up there (we went Flagstaff Rd) was fun, windy filled with great views of the mountain as, boulders and the town Boulder.

Wed Mar 27 2019

Great hike to do with kids. Views were amazing. Highly recommend this trail along with Bot Scout Trail and May's Point while you are there.

Thu Mar 21 2019

Sat Mar 16 2019

Love this trail! I went to the end, connected to Chapman Drive Trail and came back up that way. Mellow trail. Definitely need spikes.

Sun Mar 10 2019

good trail. great views. not hard. patches of ice, but just walked around it. dogs on leash. also did Rangeview, trail going up. that was great as well. one of our favorite trails in Boulder. we've done Tenderfoot 3x now.

Sat Mar 09 2019