Tenderfoot Trail

Tenderfoot Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Dolores, Colorado: Proceed north on Colorado State Hwy 145 and continue past Priest Gulch Campground approximately 4.0 miles. The trailhead is posted and takes off north from a right-of-way through private property--be sure to securely close the gates you pass through and stay on the trail.

We did this on New Year's Day after fresh snow and the views were absolutely stunning. My favorite Boulder trail that week. Added the Chapman loop to it.

Easy trail that offers very nice views of the mountains to the west. You can go out and back or take the trail down to Chapman Drive (dirt road) and take it back up to the Realization Point parking lot where you started.

We hiked with a five and ten year old with light snow on the ground and it was awesome.

Visiting Boulder from New Jersey, and a few hours after landing my friends and I did this trail. Absolutely stunning scenery. Easy enough considering we are not used to the altitude. We decided to go farther and do the Chapman Dr trail which loops back into the same parking lot that we started for tenderfoot! Nice little hike with beautiful views, I would love to do it again!

I hiked this at about 2 pm and it was about 90 degrees out. I don't think there was enough shade for the heat. You have to pay $5 for parking. I got sort of lost at the end. The path just ends and then another trail starts from left to right so I just turned around and walked back. I guess there's a way to loop around but I decided to just walk back. It was pretty fun and challenging.

Very nice, relaxing hike with absolutely FABULOUS views for no more difficult than it is. Can’t wait to do it with my family so they can experience amazing Colorado scenery without hiking into the back country. Really, really enjoyed it!

I did this trail right before sunset and it was beautiful! I left a little bit before the sky became extremely colorful so now I want to go tomorrow and stay later! I definitely recommend doing some nearby trails first, then ending with this trail. Only passed two people the entire time I was on this trail and there’s multiple lookout points for scenic views and fabulous pictures.

Lovely little walk with beautiful views. We were greeted by six wild turkeys grazing along side the path seemingly careless of our presence.

Great little hike lots of wildlife.
Great views.

Did this hike in the evening so it was cooler and quiet on the trail. A fun road getting up to the trailhead and an easy hike for all. Beautiful view of the mountains and lots of pretty wildflowers.

Great little trail with some neat views. The uphill part when you turn around will really get your heart pumping! My dog enjoyed it also.

Non-strenuous hike with gorgeous views. Took the Chapman Drive fire road to the left for a nicely paced loop. Next time, I'd like to walk back on the trail. A good amount of shade, which our dogs enjoyed. Several folks on the path coming and going but wouldn't call it high traffic.

Beautiful views. My two dogs enjoyed our first hike after moving to Denver. Easy trail with incline coming back.

This was a perfect trail for my 3.5 year old and me. Not much elevation. Beautiful views of the divide. 2/3 of the trail is tree-covered. I counted at least 13 different species of wildflowers still blooming today!

Some great views for an easy walk.

No city views - just peaceful, green, rejuvenating nature and mountains. See snow capped mountains in the distance, rolling hills, huge trees, and some cacti and succulents. Instead of going there and back, take Chapman Dr fire trail for a loop.

Like 95% downhill start to end point, uphill on the way back.

It was a nice stroll!

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Really nice trail. Easy with some great views.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Great for walking. Mildly trafficed. Beautiful views. A great way to start the day.

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Great hike! Great views!

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Nice little hike, perfect for hiking with dogs. Definitely check out the Divide Trail overlook!

Monday, June 19, 2017

Great for a short hike near Denver. Nice shady stretches made it okay for our mid-morning hike. Lots of wildflowers and lovely views. We only passed one other person on the trail.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Short, easy, nice to do after work

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Great trail for trail running with the pup although it narrows about 60-70% of the way in. Regardless, the views are beautiful for such a short hike. Worth checking out...

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easy evening hike with a great view

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Trail was still closed unfortunatly. Did the ute trail which was nice and peaceful.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Looks like it would have been a great trail, but it's currently CLOSED for repair until fall! We took the trails across the street on Green Mountain and they were enjoyable!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

A decent trail. The views are great from what you see though the trees and a good view of Boulder. Starting from the east side of the trail is much better as the west side is very steep for almost a quarter of the way. good for bike riders

Monday, November 09, 2015

Pretty trail for a nice outing. Goes downhill steep at places. If you decide to do the loop back, which I recommend, it is very gradual uphill incline. Plenty more spots to stop and take pictures. Not a busy trail during the week. We only ran into a few people on the way back. A Boulder Parks and Rec woman said that just the day before when she was up there was a good 50 people on the trail.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

A little underwhelming. All easy hikes, beautiful view of Boulder and some mountain ranges.