Tenderfoot Mountain (CLOSED)

Tenderfoot Mountain (CLOSED) is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dillon, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

closed

Great trail, easy to follow, with views of Lake Dillon and Tenmile peak, and a great spot for fall color in mid to late September. It is now a loop trail that connects down to the road you started on, and the switchbacks down through the aspen & mixed forests are beautiful.

The parking area at the sign that says "Oro Grande Trail" is the place to start. Begin on that trail and shortly you'll see a sign for "Tenderfoot Trail" on your left.

Great trail with beautiful views! My dog and I did the new loop trail. We parked just past the water tank. Take first left and then small climb and then take right. Meander through the forest to the top of the trail. Then you come to the new fence which you need to weave through which reveals beautiful views of Lake Dillon. There are many benches from which to choose to sit and view the beauty below. Stay right at all intersections to make the loop back to the parking lot at the water tank.

They recently created a thruway, so you can do the whole loop (around 5 miles), which gives great views of Dillon Reservoir and the towns nearby. I went with my 60-year-old mom, and we had a great time climbing up to the top and descending down. The trails aren't super well marked, so be sure to keep to the well-treaded trails.

Not bad great views of lake Dillon

A nice hike for our family. We saw some deer and hummingbirds. Easy enough for a 5 year old to handle.

This hike is great for families. Park near the water tower. Instead of taking the first Trail I went further on to the other start/end of the Tenderfoot Mtn Trail. I followed this up the left side and saw beautiful landscapes of Lake Dillon and the marina. After the bench the views don't get any better and the trail heads up until it eventually drops back down. At the highest point there is a unmanaged trail leading up to the summit, according to what I've read. You never actually summit Tenderfoot. Right before heading back to your car, you walk down a beautiful wildflower hill landscaping the reservoir. Great spot for another pic.

Easy hike with beautiful views of Dillon and Dillon Reservoir. the trails are poorly marked so just stay on the heaviest used one. Great hike to take your dog! took about 2 hours round trip and we stopped to set up our hammocks at the top.

Beautiful trail & good short work out! Views of lake Dillon are amazing! ! I would say good for all levels & would def do it again!

We loved this trail beautiful elevated views of Dillion lake not difficult to hike but you do climb up for exercise