Templeton Trail to Mesa Trail Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(70)
Palmer Park

Templeton Trail to Mesa Trail Loop is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 544 feet Route Type: Loop

This is a very hard hike. It’s the top level of moderate almost hard. There’s easy stretches and then all rocky gravely stretches. This was hard and often ended up off trail. It’s not marked well. It took us about 3 hours and we didn’t stop for lunch or anything. It was rough. I slipped many times. Just a heads up it’s not a super causal trail. You need good shoes and maybe poles for balance.

Had a great time with the kids. It was a little much for them but they enjoyed the hike. Took about 2 hours to hike and we stopped for about 30 minutes to eat lunch. There are several areas to take a break and enjoy some lunch. There are also several areas of little shade but the views are nice. Bring the sunscreen. The rock formations are great and plentiful. We will definitively do it again.

Nice nearby hike. The only problem being I set out for a trail run. This one had too many loose rocks and areas where you needed to do some bouldering instead of running. No complaints - still a nice get away! Can anyone recommend a dirt trail for running, other than the Sante fe trail?

There were some good views at some places on the hike but I found it badly marked and not that interesting. Easy and something anyone could do that hikes

Beautiful, easy trail for a weekend stroll. Lovely views of Colorado Springs. Fun rocks to climb as well. Great area for bird watching.

Very muddy right now but the views did not disappoint. Get there early to avoid crowds! By 9am on the weekends you won’t have a place to park! Wish more people picked up after their dogs though!

icy

Very muddy, icy. Trails not marked very well.

did this hike with my son. we really enjoyed it. hot off trail a few times, but it wasn't bad. there were icy/snowy spots that I put my spikes on for, we slipped and slid many times. beautiful scenery as always.

Absolutely love hiking here! Right in the heart of town. Love the views. Don’t see too many people on the trail. I love all the rock formations. Wear good hiking shoes. Its a great hike !

Sat Jun 01 2019

The trail itself was great. A good variety of steep and flat. Took about 1 hour 10 minutes. What wasn't great was that my car was broken into. The window was smashed and items were missing. The same thing happened to the car behind me. Judging by the amount of glass on the ground in the surrounding area, this looks to be a common occurrence. If you want to hike in this area, DO NOT PARK AT THIS TRAILHEAD!!

Mon Mar 25 2019

Sat Mar 23 2019

Awesome trail! You get a variety of different terrains and an awesome view of Colorado Springs and Pikes Peak. took us about 2.5 hours and went closer to 4 miles according to Apple watch. the trail is a little muddy at times and there were a couple trees to climb over but it was great overall!! our small dogs did well too.

Sat Dec 15 2018

great trails for everyday hiking or when you need to stay close to the city. staying on path can be a bit tricky with all the junctions. just enjoy the walk and see where it takes you.