Learn more

Taylor Pass is a 13.8 mile loop trail located near Aspen, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking, and ohv/off road driving and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 13.8 miles Elevation Gain: 2,444 feet Route Type: Loop

ohv / off road driving

Thu Jun 20 2019

Road blocked by downed trees. I started making my way up Express Creek Road and hit a few downed trees. My camping saw made quick work of them and then I saw the pile of trees twice as tall as I am across the road. I guess an avalanche took out the trees. Also there was a 4 foot tall berm on snow I couldn't have made it through either. The trail is so narrow I had to execute a 18 point turn to come back down the road. Lots of nice views on the way up, wish I could have seen the lake.

Fri Oct 18 2013

I 4 wheeled this trail late September. The Aspens where just starting to change. Very beautiful! My husband Mtn bikes this trail it is one of his favorites! THere is a lake at the top and views of the valley below.

ohv/off road driving