Talon & Sundance

Talon & Sundance is a 6.6 mile loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking.

Just did Talon and South Talon which was 2.7 out on Talon with South Talon being just under a mile to add on before heading back. Good hike. Lots of sun on the beginning. Lots of mountain bikers.

I only did Talon along with the north and south loop. Talon was mostly sunny but the loop was shady and nicer. I learned the difference between a lot of different trees thanks to the little signs posted in the trail. The many wild flowers were beautiful. Somebody ruined two of the trail maps along Talon Trail. There was hardly anyone on the trail. I had it all to myself!

I've written a blog post about this hike @ www.break-trail.com
If you'd like to read it, follow this link: https://goo.gl/an72ha

I loved Talon trail but I think Sundance is just a waste of time.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Nice trails and not too busy even in the weekend when I was here. Very clearly marked and multiple map signs along the trails to keep from getting lost.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Nice hike with great views. Shady spots. Can be muddy after rain and snow has melted. Great hike during the winter but need microspikes or yaktrax.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Nice trail, southwest Colorado Springs, in Cheyenne Mountain State Park.

I hike here regularly as it's a short hop from my house. I go in the early morning, and rarely see more than one or two hikers/bikers.

The east part of Sundance is in open ground, then in and out of pine, fir, Gambel Oak.

Toward the top part of Talon, there are North and South loops you can take.

Deer are common, and black bear and mountain lions live here, too.

Saturday, September 17, 2016