Talon & Sundance Trail Loop is a 10.1 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 10.1 km Elevation Gain: 280 m Route Type: Loop

A+ for beginners

Really nice and easy trail! Does not feel long but it did have a few super muddy spots. Worth it though!

We hiked this loop this afternoon. Parts were extremely muddy but overall it was an enjoyable hike!

very nice trail, little snow and I dont know I'd I'm just crazy but the talon trail was pretty difficult. had a great time

Love it.

Definitely more like 7.5 miles, but absolutely beautiful.

My friends and I completed the Sundance hike with no complications. Not that many people. Enjoyed the views.

I did the lower portion of this loop due to the impending thunderstorms on the horizon. This was a very well marked trail. Lots of nice spots, but note the lower section is mostly exposed in the sun. It was very warm, but the breeze made it feel nice. The is a small side spur off to the side less than a quarter of a mile from where Sundance meets Talon. Take it to a nice secluded spot with a bench and a wonderful view of the valley. The trail was dry except in a few areas. It had rained the day before so I was expecting a bit more. Lots of birds and hummingbirds out. Very nice way to spend a hour in the Springs.

Trails were exceedingly well marked. Signs told us exactly where we were and where to go. Trails were well maintained and wide enough for bikers to pass safely. The view was absolutely beautiful and had great overlooks to get some good photos.

These trails are in good condition and very well marked, on 7 Apr 19 all trails were dry, with no mud or snow. We started out on sundance and proceeded to south talon. This trail offered a nice mixture of prairie and woodland hiking.

Mon Sep 10 2018

We headed south from the parking lot and followed signs to Talon Trail. At 2.35 miles we took the spur for the Talon North Trail and continue about another mile to the top of Dakota Hogback Ridge. At the top the Dixon Trail was on the right. The Dixon Trail is considered difficult to extreme. It was closed the day we hiked, but will open late September and October. We decided that next year, when the day is longer, we will hike it. We headed south and continued on the South Talon Trail, which intersects at the spur of the North Talon Trail. We then continued on the Sundance Trail to the parking lot. It was a scenic hike and not difficult.

Tue Apr 03 2018

A good 6+ mike workout. Very muddy after wet weather.

Fri Mar 23 2018

I love this area, so close to home. Challenging enough to get a decent workout, but not enough to wear you out for the rest of the day.

Sat Sep 09 2017

Just did Talon and South Talon which was 2.7 out on Talon with South Talon being just under a mile to add on before heading back. Good hike. Lots of sun on the beginning. Lots of mountain bikers.

Wed Jun 28 2017

I only did Talon along with the north and south loop. Talon was mostly sunny but the loop was shady and nicer. I learned the difference between a lot of different trees thanks to the little signs posted in the trail. The many wild flowers were beautiful. Somebody ruined two of the trail maps along Talon Trail. There was hardly anyone on the trail. I had it all to myself!

Sun Jun 25 2017

I've written a blog post about this hike @ www.break-trail.com If you'd like to read it, follow this link: https://goo.gl/an72ha

Sun Feb 05 2017

I loved Talon trail but I think Sundance is just a waste of time.

Sun Aug 21 2016

Nice trails and not too busy even in the weekend when I was here. Very clearly marked and multiple map signs along the trails to keep from getting lost.

Wed Aug 17 2016

Nice hike with great views. Shady spots. Can be muddy after rain and snow has melted. Great hike during the winter but need microspikes or yaktrax.

Mon Jun 27 2016

Nice trail, southwest Colorado Springs, in Cheyenne Mountain State Park. I hike here regularly as it's a short hop from my house. I go in the early morning, and rarely see more than one or two hikers/bikers. The east part of Sundance is in open ground, then in and out of pine, fir, Gambel Oak. Toward the top part of Talon, there are North and South loops you can take. Deer are common, and black bear and mountain lions live here, too.