Switzerland Trail

Switzerland Trail is a 17.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

Point to Point

rails trails

off road driving

Trail is open good view watch out for the overgrown trees

My favorite camping spot

it's good for beginner's but any vehicle with good clearance can go

off road driving

super cool trail lots of mud water crossing.

off road driving

great trail to go and just explore and have fun with. it was an extremely easy trail for the most part. at the end if the trail there is some nice challenging spots, but it's a very fun time overall

off road driving

Beautiful trail. Slightly rocky, but packed dirt the entire way. Any vehicle with high clearance could travel the road.

off road driving

Gorgeous scenery and easy drive. Although we found a switch back trail halfway through the first portion of the trail, that proved to have some tougher spots.

I love it very nice

off road driving

Great views and an easy drive, "moderate" might be a stretch. Also, nowhere near 40 miles, 7K feet in elevation and the directions to the trail on this app are completely wrong.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Great trail with lots of joining trails for varying experience levels. It was snowing when we went so we couldn't complete it. We have a Jeep TJ 4.0L with a small 2.5" lift and A/T tires. Handled great and only used the 4x4 sometimes

Monday, August 10, 2015

So I started at the parking area off of Sugarloaf Mtn rd. This was a big area and you could choose two directions to go. I just picked the one to the North. Not marked well at all. Trail started off pretty easy with loose rocks and dirt road type conditions. Trail was about 2 to 3 feet wider than my Jeep. Lots of scenery and nice east wheeling. After 10 miles we got to Gold Hill Rd and had not yet been in 4wd, however I felt like the clearance of my 3.5 inch lift kit was helpful, I was surprised to see a Honda Civic parked on the side after several miles. The trail became un-maintained at this point, with bushes crowding in and scraping down the sides of my Jeep. This went on for another 1.5 miles to where the trail (Marked as #93) ended. We ran into some local there and I asked how to get out. They told me I had two choices, 1 turn around and go back or 2. climb over the peak and there will be a road about a mile past. We choose to make the climb. Had to use 4wd low and had no issues. Lots of 5 to 10 inch loose rocks on the path like a dried river bed. Made it over and found the road. Ended up doding 11.5 miles total. Was a bit disappointed in the poorly maintained section and the fact that the trail just ended and with the guy on the dirt bike that got all pissed off that he had to wait 19 seconds for me to find a wide enough area for him to pass, thanks for spraying my Jeep with rocks and dirt Ahole!. Overall a good day though.

Saturday, June 06, 2015

Perfect, super ride with some mud puddles but a nice combination of sand, rock and smooth dirt. We parked at the entrance outside gold hill and had a super ride. Stopped by Gold Hill for a beer after and made for a fantastic morning.