Sullivan Gulch Trail

Sullivan Gulch Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Drake, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

A short but steep hike up a heavily wooded canyon that abounds in solitude. A short hike that is good for training for some of the bigger trails that are in the local area. There are several places near the summit that make a nice place to have a picnic. Good views of the Big Thompson Canyon and to the North is Signal Mtn. The Colorado weather makes this a hit or miss till spring. Prime Mountain Lion country, so caution is advised.

Beautiful trail if not rocky, my puppy was able to make it up though. The view is sick.

This is my favorite hike on the south slopes of Crosier Mountain. If you go east from the top of Sullivan Gulch for about a half mile you'll reach the high point at the east end of Crosier, which we've named "Sullivan Point." It has an easy short scramble to get to the top of the rock outcrop that is the highest point.

Really enjoyed this quick little afternoon hike! We brought our dog and she had a great time. A couple other people on the trail, but mostly secluded. Got caught in a hailstorm as soon as we reached the top so coming down was a little tricky, but overall we had a great time.

Loved this hike this morning with my 3 dogs. As mentioned the trip out is a cardio workout but worth the sweat to reach the summit meadow areas where my dogs could run around. Enjoyed the shady, rocky trail area on the first 2/3...felt rainforestesque due to all the rain this week.

I brought home 7 Rocky Mountain Wood Ticks from this hike, had them tested for Lyme etc, thankfully negative, but be careful!!!! I love this hike but really hate ticks, so won't be back

Didn't make it to the top, which I bet would have made it better, but we started noticing ticks on our dog about a mile in and turned around.

Definitely easy to miss the trailhead. The first part of the trail was very rocky, it evens out, but remains rocky the whole way. Shaded in many parts, which was great for the dog. Gradual but steady incline the whole way up. The first part of the trail I was wondering if it was going to be worth it, but the views at the top were great. We were there on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and didn't see anyone else the whole time. With lots of water breaks it took us about 1 hr 45 mins total.

Friday, September 09, 2016

Enjoyed our late afternoon hike. Took about an hour as we walk slow to take in the beauty of the forest. When we got to summit we took the path to the right of the summit and the view was spectacular.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

I can't say enough about how obsessed with this trail I am. It is definitely not an beginners moderate trail - the elevation gain in mileage is enough to show that. I find it hard to believe that any children under 10 would do this trail, or that anyone who wasn't even in decent shape would enjoy it. It's very rock from the start and follows what looks much like a dry stream most of the way up the steady incline; which at times is poorly marked so stay alert!! My pups loved that it was shaded and I loved that there was literally no one else seen the whole hike. In fact when we parked there was only one other car! I almost don't want to post about this trail for fear others will crowd it. We made it 3/4 of the way and had to turn back before the top/summit because the sky opened up on us with rain and lightening but we will undoubtedly be back to bag this one!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Nice hike, steady but short climb. Good cardio for this outta shape mama. I took my 12yo and 10yo and our dog. We did it in 2 hours with a break at the top with views of Longs Peak. Trailhead isn't marked so it's tricky to find and very quiet...no one else on the trail on a Wednesday morning. I also think it's hunting area so might not go in the fall.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Nice local hike. look close for trail head off Hwy 34 or you could miss it.

Friday, May 06, 2016

I hiked this trail with my wife and daughter today. It was a great short hike, two to three hours, and the view at the top is incredible. We are not avid hikes so this was perfect for us.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

it's a great short hike in and out. It's moderate to strenuous and is a great workout with some good views at the end. If you bring your pups I would pack some extra water for them as there is not much water around.