Sugarloaf Mountain Trail

Sugarloaf Mountain Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We went at sunrise and had the views to ourselves, amazing!!!

Excellent little hike. 15 minutes to the top. 20 minutes from downtown Boulder. Nice dirt road to the trailhead. Wonderful at sunset!

Nice short little hike. The loose rocks are a bit annoying as you need to keep your head down for every step, but the views are pretty awesome up top.

Just a friendly word to all the people who say you can let your dog off-leash. Mine is always on a leash because he's sometimes anxious around new dogs. So while your little buddy may be friendly, he will have us all in a tizzy if he runs loose and comes up to our group. Also, I've met hikers who have lost their dogs letting them run off leash. They were devastated, and their dogs were at risk from predators. So please keep your dogs safely leashed. Thanks!

Short hike to the top only made strenuous by the loose, rocky incline, but still very doable. Not much to see until you get to the top. Worth it!

Awesome easy trail! A bit hard to find Bc my phone lost service. But was peaceful and I was all alone on a Monday. Easy up and easy down! Great views!

Not a difficult hike to the top. Rocky, but not too steep. Amazing 360-degree view! If you come in from Sugarloaf Road, the trail is on the right side of the road. There aren't signs at the trailhead, but it's across the parking lot from where the campsites are.

Quick and easy with great views

Did this hike this weekend with my wife and 14 month old. We arrived around 10am and there were probably only 3-4 other cars in the parking lot. We saw a handful of people during the hike but I wouldn't say overly crowded (which we were worried about).

In terms of the actual hike, it was definitely a slow climb over lose rock, but not difficult (I managed with our little guy on my back). There are stunning views from many spots along the trail, but the 360 degree view from the top can't be beat. To the east... completely flat... to the west beautiful snow covered mountains. We also were able to let our dog off leash and let her lead the way up the mountain, which was a great surprise... although I think technically not allowed.

All in all, we did the drive from south of Denver (Highlands Ranch) and was definitely worth it!

Drone footage from the top: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6xFpXLril8&feature=youtu.be