Sugarloaf Mountain Trail

Sugarloaf Mountain Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Just a friendly word to all the people who say you can let your dog off-leash. Mine is always on a leash because he's sometimes anxious around new dogs. So while your little buddy may be friendly, he will have us all in a tizzy if he runs loose and comes up to our group. Also, I've met hikers who have lost their dogs letting them run off leash. They were devastated, and their dogs were at risk from predators. So please keep your dogs safely leashed. Thanks!

Short hike to the top only made strenuous by the loose, rocky incline, but still very doable. Not much to see until you get to the top. Worth it!

Awesome easy trail! A bit hard to find Bc my phone lost service. But was peaceful and I was all alone on a Monday. Easy up and easy down! Great views!

Not a difficult hike to the top. Rocky, but not too steep. Amazing 360-degree view! If you come in from Sugarloaf Road, the trail is on the right side of the road. There aren't signs at the trailhead, but across the parking lot where the campsites are.

Quick and easy with great views

Did this hike this weekend with my wife and 14 month old. We arrived around 10am and there were probably only 3-4 other cars in the parking lot. We saw a handful of people during the hike but I wouldn't say overly crowded (which we were worried about).

In terms of the actual hike, it was definitely a slow climb over lose rock, but not difficult (I managed with our little guy on my back). There are stunning views from many spots along the trail, but the 360 degree view from the top can't be beat. To the east... completely flat... to the west beautiful snow covered mountains. We also were able to let our dog off leash and let her lead the way up the mountain, which was a great surprise... although I think technically not allowed.

All in all, we did the drive from south of Denver (Highlands Ranch) and was definitely worth it!

Drone footage from the top: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6xFpXLril8&feature=youtu.be

Great hike. Easy, with amazing 360 views. Dogs can go off leash even if they don't say so. The drive up is gorgeous as well. Worth it.

Terrific workout, we are from Maryland and went yesterday, about 30 minutes to the top. Beautiful 360 views of Boulder and surrounding Mts. Def worth it!

Went up this morning for sunrise! Beautiful view!!!
It was a fairly easy trail. All the rocks, combined with the gradual incline, made for a killer calf workout though. I would recommend going early. Only 3 other people there with me. It only took me 22 minutes to get up, and I'm out of shape.

Definitely worth the drive from Boulder. "A lot of bang for your buck" is a perfect description. The hike up the summit is very easy. Loose, craggy rocks but nothing serious. Steady elevation gain. Maybe a half hour to 45 minutes. The 360 view from the flat peak is amazing. give it a shot.

Nice short hike, alot of bang for your buck. Beautiful views of Colorado!

Great trail for a shorter hike with amazing views.

Very easy trail and the views are incredible. Great place to watch the sunset! On the way down we saw a moose!

While I loved this trail, it was pretty hard to get up with kids. The views were amazing but you had to stop to enjoy them due to the incline being so tough to climb.

off road driving