Sugarloaf Mountain Trail

Sugarloaf Mountain Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fun hike, great way to start the day!

Quick, easy hike... good fun. Great views.

Easy with a great view!

Great hike with great views! Our 4 year old was able to do the whole hike on her own.

Trail was pretty cool! Short enough to enjoy, but long enough to be slightly strenuous. 360° views at the top were amazing. Watch your footing on the way up and down as there are lots of loose rocks.

Perfect trail for a sunrise.

Hiked this trail to catch the sunrise. Beautiful 360 degree views of the plains and mountains. No snow currently. Not a long hike from the trail head... about 20 minutes.

Absolutely stunning 360 view from the top. Easy hike for the most part some areas with loose rock.

Such a gem of a place. Lost my Tripod head for my camera so if you see it it’s mine. I have to go to work otherwise I’d find it.

Fun little hike with great views. A great place to go if you don’t have much time but want to see a good view of ranges.

An easy hike if you want to catch the sunrise in Boulder.

Loved it when I for the first time ! Planning another hike soon !

Great! Short, sweet and sort of steep!

Went for sunrise like recommended by so many before me. It was absolutely gorgeous and had the summit to myself! Will definitely be back.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

We went at sunrise and had the views to ourselves, amazing!!!

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Excellent little hike. 15 minutes to the top. 20 minutes from downtown Boulder. Nice dirt road to the trailhead. Wonderful at sunset!

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Nice short little hike. The loose rocks are a bit annoying as you need to keep your head down for every step, but the views are pretty awesome up top.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Just a friendly word to all the people who say you can let your dog off-leash. Mine is always on a leash because he's sometimes anxious around new dogs. So while your little buddy may be friendly, he will have us all in a tizzy if he runs loose and comes up to our group. Also, I've met hikers who have lost their dogs letting them run off leash. They were devastated, and their dogs were at risk from predators. So please keep your dogs safely leashed. Thanks!

Friday, May 12, 2017

Short hike to the top only made strenuous by the loose, rocky incline, but still very doable. Not much to see until you get to the top. Worth it!

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Awesome easy trail! A bit hard to find Bc my phone lost service. But was peaceful and I was all alone on a Monday. Easy up and easy down! Great views!

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Not a difficult hike to the top. Rocky, but not too steep. Amazing 360-degree view! If you come in from Sugarloaf Road, the trail is on the right side of the road. There aren't signs at the trailhead, but it's across the parking lot from where the campsites are.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Quick and easy with great views

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Did this hike this weekend with my wife and 14 month old. We arrived around 10am and there were probably only 3-4 other cars in the parking lot. We saw a handful of people during the hike but I wouldn't say overly crowded (which we were worried about).

In terms of the actual hike, it was definitely a slow climb over lose rock, but not difficult (I managed with our little guy on my back). There are stunning views from many spots along the trail, but the 360 degree view from the top can't be beat. To the east... completely flat... to the west beautiful snow covered mountains. We also were able to let our dog off leash and let her lead the way up the mountain, which was a great surprise... although I think technically not allowed.

All in all, we did the drive from south of Denver (Highlands Ranch) and was definitely worth it!

Drone footage from the top: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6xFpXLril8&feature=youtu.be

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Great hike. Easy, with amazing 360 views. Dogs can go off leash even if they don't say so. The drive up is gorgeous as well. Worth it.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Terrific workout, we are from Maryland and went yesterday, about 30 minutes to the top. Beautiful 360 views of Boulder and surrounding Mts. Def worth it!

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Went up this morning for sunrise! Beautiful view!!!
It was a fairly easy trail. All the rocks, combined with the gradual incline, made for a killer calf workout though. I would recommend going early. Only 3 other people there with me. It only took me 22 minutes to get up, and I'm out of shape.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Definitely worth the drive from Boulder. "A lot of bang for your buck" is a perfect description. The hike up the summit is very easy. Loose, craggy rocks but nothing serious. Steady elevation gain. Maybe a half hour to 45 minutes. The 360 view from the flat peak is amazing. give it a shot.

Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Nice short hike, alot of bang for your buck. Beautiful views of Colorado!

Monday, November 28, 2016

Great trail for a shorter hike with amazing views.

Friday, November 04, 2016

Very easy trail and the views are incredible. Great place to watch the sunset! On the way down we saw a moose!