Stormy Peaks Trail

Stormy Peaks Trail is a 12.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bellvue, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November.

Directions from Fort Collins: Take Highway 14 west about 30 miles to the Pingree Park Road (County Road 63E). Take the Pingree Park Road south. Follow this road about 15 miles to the Stormy Peaks Trailhead, near Pingree Park.

wish I could have completed this trail, but we hit deeper snow and I had my baby with me. We weren't prepared to continue, but from what I did see it was a beautiful area and I'd love to return and complete the trail.

Tough scramble to the top of the peak, but definitely a good hike!

Sunday, May 22, 2016

I did this hike a while ago, but it looks like my review was lost? Anyway, from what I remember it's pretty tough, took a whole day. You come out of the woods into a nice meadow where you walk over to the base of the peak. I really liked the meadow, lots of flowers when I was there. The scramble up to the top of stormy peak took a while but was worth it for the view. Clouds rolled in fast, so be on the lookout and give yourself plenty of time to get back in the trees. I think i remember getting off trail and lost for a bit on my way back out. There were cairns but I'd missed one maybe?