Staunton Ranch and Bugling Elk Loop Trail

Staunton Ranch and Bugling Elk Loop Trail is a 8.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pine, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Staunton Ranch Trail is a wide trail and the central avenue to navigate Staunton State Park.

Incredible hike, especially if you make it to the lower part of Elk Falls.

This is now one of my favorite hikes. We parked down by Elk Creek Road and took the Staunton Ranch Trail to Scout Line Trail, then we jumped on Marmot Passage Trail to Chimney Rock Trail which took us to Elk Falls.... spectacular! Coming back, we went from Chimney Rock to Bugling Elk Trail which took us back to Staunton Ranch Trail. The whole journey was 13.2 miles of breathtaking views, wild raspberries and wildlife. Can't wait to go back and check out the Mason Creek Trail!

Easy hike not too far from the city. Pretty good views and well-kept trail--if you're not trying to drive far I would recommend this loop. $7 entrance fee

Put in 14+ miles hiking today. Definitely recommend the waterfall followed by the overlook. West Meadow following the overlook is a nice contrast. Save hiking Marmot Pass then Scout Line (hiking only) for the go home leg. Perfect way to finish the hike.

I'm pretty fit and suggest 2 liters of water minimum IMO for the route I did.

Beautiful hike through a valley, great for hiking with kids or new hikers. I would label this easy except for distance. Lots of other people, I'd try again on a weekday. Also there is a fee to enter the park.

Great trails, wide, not rocky. Beautiful scenery and lots of walking through trees. Definitely going again!