Star K Ranch Open Space Loop

easy 59 reviews

Star K Ranch Open Space Loop is a 0.8 mile loop trail located near Aurora, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 0.8 miles Elevation Gain: 16 feet Route Type: Loop

icy

Nice dog friendly trail. Really icy and muddy so bring the right shoes (I didn’t :( ) this would be really pretty in the summer!

Walked for 30 mins, saw two cycles and a hawk. Nice sunny crisp day!

simple, short, not busy. great for kids, there is a nature center as well. Not too much to see on the trail but not every hike needs to have a big payoff.

Tue Dec 04 2018

It’s very simple and dogs cannot run through the fields and have to be on a leash. The whole point for me is to let me dogs off leash and go wild. It’s not very busy so that was the only good part.

Fri Oct 05 2018

I love this place. It’s a hidden gem here in Aurora. Even old locals don’t know about this place. It’s peaceful, quiet and just plain beautiful. Trail heads clearly state whether dogs are permitted or not.

Sun Jul 01 2018

This is a great short walk right by the airport. The landscape is beautiful.

Tue Jun 12 2018

It’s a great place to walk the dogs ! Just a reminder though that snakes are active. I mistakenly let my dog off the leash and as we got closer to the high line canal trail a huge rattle snake was just sitting there in the sun. Luckily I had enough time to tell to my dog and she was not bitten. Just beware!

Mon Feb 20 2017

Nice open area to explore- easy walk and great for dogs!

Mon Feb 20 2017

Nice and open. Ran into some deer, that was fun.

Mon Oct 24 2016

beautiful place to walk

Sun Sep 18 2016

I visit this open space at least a couple of times a month. It's pretty neat to see what's going on down in the wetlands area, and there's a trail that branches off of the sand creek trail and leads down to the creek itself. My kids love exploring aling the creek.

Fri Jul 22 2016

It is a very nice place. Lots of deer, dogs really enjoy it. Not many hikers which makes it nice to have your dog off leash.

Wed Jul 20 2016

Turn in (off Smith Road) at the Morrison Nature Center, follow the road and park by what looks like a house. It's the Nature Center and is open every day, I think, with Rangers and real rest rooms. It's a loop trail with a pond in the middle and connects to the Sand Creek Trail.

Thu Jul 07 2016

Can't find trail. Just parking lot & concrete buildings.

Fri Apr 22 2016

can't find any trails all private property and industrial buildings.

Mon Mar 28 2016

That didn't look right and safe at all, I was freaked out and we drive away.

Sat Jan 04 2014

good place to let the dog off the leash. tons of deer

recorded Star K Ranch Open Space Loop