St. Mary's Falls Trail

St. Mary's Falls Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Colorado Springs: ACCESS: 1. From Colorado Springs, take either 26th St. or Cheyenne Road to North Cheyenne Canyon Road to Gold Camp Road. About 1 mile past the locked gate at the intersection of North Cheyenne Canyon Road,Gold Camp Road andHigh Drive is the trailhead.

Loved this trail. Me, two kids and a dog took us about 4 hours with a break at the top. Note: the cover photo for this looks like Helen Hunt Falls, NOT St. Mary's
We will definitely do this trail again.

A little more traffic than I originally expected on this trail but it was beautiful and the hike wasn’t too strenuous

Trail was in good shape. Pretty steep incline. 3.1 miles up to the falls. The falls were only frozen at the very top.

Perfect weather, beautiful hike, a bit more challenging than Seven Bridges. Lots of dogs - rarely on leash but generally well behaved, wish more people picked up after them though. Place to sit & enjoy the Falls at the top. Not a traditional waterfall - look at pics so you aren’t disappointed!

Trail was pretty nice. The first part of the trail about a mile or so is pretty easy. It’s wide open and you’ll see a lot of hikers both casual hardcore and you’ll also see a bunch of kids with Bluetooth speakers looking to find a shady place to hang out. But as you continue up the trail the people start to vanish and it’s an upward hike to the falls. If you want after the falls there’s a break away path to be summit of mount rosa 11k feet of elevation. This trail also has a lot of other intertwining trails. I’d recommend this for those who want to get their feet wet in Colorado hiking.

3/10. It was a good hike. Very steady uphill on the way up to the falls. Will have you breathing a little heavier. Falls were frozen but still pretty. Will definitely come back in summer.

Liked this hike still a lot of dogs with no leashes

After completing the Seven Bridges trail I started on this one. Though the trail itself didn't really gives much views as it was more a hike alongside a river/creek (which is nice of course). Though the trail definitely splits off at points and got me turned around a few times. Overall it was an uphill battle which was pretty rough since I just did a hike beforehand, when I got closer to the top I definitely needed a few more breaks. Especially once you hit the 0.2 mile sign and the switchbacks start, I'm pretty sure its about 0.5, maybe providing you with a false sense of hope you're almost done lol. The falls itself were quite nice, though parts of it were still frozen the main waterfall cliff was nice, and turning around you had a spectacular view of the valley below (:

Pretty easy hike along a creek most of the way. Only saw one other person the whole way.

Nice moderate hike along a bubbling Brooke

This was a beautiful hike. The falls themselves were only okay, but then again they were snowed over. The hike was fairly easy the whole way, and a little more challenging towards the top. The hike was definitely worth it. Only bad thing was that there was dog poop everywhere left along the sides of the trail. Seriously... if you are going through the hassle of taking your dog up there, how lazy do you have to be to not pick up after them? Otherwise it's a wonderful hike we will definitely do again.

I went on a quick backpacking trip Friday thru Saturday. It’s a good little trail. I found it to be a little more than moderate but then I’m I little out of shape.

One of my favorite trails in town!

Hiked this trail this morning. This was the first hike I did in Colorado Springs when I got here back in June. Great for individuals who are new to Colorado Springs and want a small elevation gain (it wont give you altitude sickness). The only issue right now is that the packed snow can be dangerous if you do not have spikes. Id suggest wearing spikes for trailrunning, especially if you go in the morning. The trail is generally snowy and slick in the saddle of the mountain but gets better as you gain elevation (because of the exposure to sunlight). The actual falls are almost completely covered with packed snow right now, but the aesthetics of the falls are particularly impressive in the Spring and Summer when the snow has melted. The actual condition of the trails are great outside of the recent snowy conditions. Overall, the views are magnificent. Definitely would recommend to tourists who are visiting and want to get a moderate hike in.

I hike a great deal. This hike is one of my favs in the Pikes Peak Region. I found it to be more challenging than moderate. I recommend hiking boots vs. sneakers. The pebbles are difficult to gain traction on near the end, especially going down.

I love it here. Beautiful view. Got tough near the end, and the falls were frozen (3-17-18). Very pretty. Gorgeous hiking weather. Also, there is a sign where you see "St. Mary's Falls .2 miles" Turn around and you will see the switchbacks going up. I really think you have more of a hike than .2 miles!

Great trail and view. Most definitely harder then moderate for us. Took us 4 hours to get up and back at a slow pace.

Hi Danielle. From the parking lot, you go on the path away from the springs. You walk that path as it forms a "u". keep going until you see the abandoned tunnel. after that, youll go a little more and see a trailhead on the right. The sign has St. Mary's falls on it. Have fun!

Hi folks, I'm wondering if you can help me out. I'm confused about which dirt road to take. On one end of the parking lot, there are two options--one is called High Road or something, and the other is Lower Gold Camp. I walked a ways on each of these and didn't find the trailhead. I then tried the dirt road on the other end of the parking lot (directly opposite these two roads). I passed the turn for trail 622 on the right, but I had to turn around because it was getting dark. Was I on the right track? The dirt road made a near U-turn around some private homes and then continued upward. If I'd kept going, would I have found the trailhead on the left? Ugh. Thank you in advance for your help.

Great trail!! We would definitely go back. At the top of the trail you get to switchbacks to get to the falls. This part is not marked and there are several offshoots in the area. Be on the lookout for the correct one to get to the falls. Beautiful scenery and nice hike with the dogs.

Beautiful hike although we started out to do Seven Bridges but couldn't find the trailhead. Nice uphill and vistas overlooking CS and Front Range. Waterfall was of course frozen and not much to see so end point was a bit disappointing, but hey, it's winter. Should have expected it. Will definitely return in the summer!

Great trail! Love this app, it helped to keep us on the correct trail, following the creek. April, I think you guys went left over the creek, we stayed on the trail to the right of the creek and made it to the falls! 6.8 miles!!

I was confused about whether the trail itself was 6 miles or whether it was 6 miles round trip from the parking lot (you walk for quite a ways on a dirt road before getting to the actual trail). Now, having done the hike, I can confirm that it's the latter. Hope this helps anyone else who is wondering!

Nice moderate trail. The view at the end is much better in the summer time I’m sure (the waterfall was frozen solid). Looking forward to doing it again!

Nice trail. Only wish it had been marked better since there are lots of different trails fanning off of what we thought was the main trail; only to find out we took a tougher climb sticking by the stream. Never made it to the Falls because of time. Will try again and be more observant looking for trail markers.

Went 2 days ago. The trail had 2 inches of snow. The falls were completely frozen. Not worth the climb to the top. It’s still pretty until you get to the stream though! I wish I would’ve turned back after I got to the stream.

Great hike with dogs

Long, steep, difficult. The falls and steps are frozen at the top, but there is always access to water for dogs!

They need to mark the last trail better. There were at least 4 couples who missed that last right turn.

Decent outing. Good hike. Really enjoyed walking along the brook. The falls were pretty and not difficult to find if you follow the signs. Mileage feels longer than it is, but seems to be pretty accurate.