St. Mary's Falls Trail

St. Mary's Falls Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Colorado Springs: ACCESS: 1. From Colorado Springs, take either 26th St. or Cheyenne Road to North Cheyenne Canyon Road to Gold Camp Road. About 1 mile past the locked gate at the intersection of North Cheyenne Canyon Road,Gold Camp Road andHigh Drive is the trailhead.

This is definitely a great trail. but if you are hiking all the way to the falls it is not moderate. and yes it is longer than stated. beautiful vistas.

Beautiful hike and great way to start the day. It was a little more difficult about 1/2 way to the top but worth it. We loved walking along the creek - very peaceful!

The one downfall with this hike is that there is NO way the signs are correct. This hike is way longer than 6-plus miles. You can even see where people wrote the longer distances in pencil on the signs. Besides that, great hike.

Great trail. Well marked. Pretty steep near the top. Dead ends at the falls. Actual falls are average. Give yourself half a day.

I wish there was more signage to let the hiker know the distance to the falls. That’s my biggest disappointment in this hike.

The trail itself is nice because you’re walking next to the creek for a good portion of the wooded trail.

I suggest hiking boots for ankle stability if that’s an issue for you. Bring snacks and plenty of water.

Great hike, with a nice payoff at the end. The view of the city and of the falls is outstanding. For a good portion of the trail the sound of rushing water is present as is the sound of birds and the wind in the trees. We spotted a rufous hummingbird and a host of tree swallows. We also heard countless other various birds along the way. But we weren’t there for the birding, so it was simply an added bonus.

It’s a fairly taxing hike for a middle-aged guy in ok shape (me!), but the 20-somethings we encountered along the way seemed to handle it without issue. I wouldn’t bring younger kids—mostly because the elevation change the last half mile could be difficult, and the overall length could be too much handle as well. I’m assuming that’s why, once we left Gold Camp Road at the trailhead, we didn’t run into anyone who appeared to be under the age of 16. I’m certain my 6 & 10 year old wouldn’t have lasted even though they are both extremely active in sports.

Overall, I recommend. Give it a try and see what you think!

Nice trail that is easy to follow and keeps you out of the sun. The walk from the parking lot to the trail is a dull way to start/finish a hike. Waterfall is barely more than a trickle right now but was refreshing to cool down. Only saw three others heading to the falls.

Beautiful little trail. Exposed portions in the summer but beautiful views of CoS. The falls at the end were nice and provided a great place to rest and admire the view.

Great trail for a stretch of the legs. Not easy and not hard you will be rewarded with some lovely forest hiking as well some great mountain views. Get to the parking lot early (before 8) or you might have trouble finding a spot

the picture is NOT St.Mary's falls, that pic is the Helen Hunt Falls. either way, St.Marys Falls Trail is a great stop off on the way to summit Mt.Rosa.

Good trail. The last run is not marked well. Very loose rocks and can be precarious on the way down. We got a tweaked ankle on way down. Worth the extra effort to get to the top. Stream running on left of trail most of the way. All in all a good trail but hard if not used to the elevation. Falls at top are at 9100’ Cover photo is wrong!!!!

Peaceful trail only down side it is not very well marked

such a great hike

Lovely trail with nice views of Colorado Springs on the way up.. a little slippery in a few spots but otherwise the trail is in good condition. (My Garmin measured the elevation at 8998 at the top of the falls)

Loved this trail. Me, two kids and a dog took us about 4 hours with a break at the top. Note: the cover photo for this looks like Helen Hunt Falls, NOT St. Mary's
We will definitely do this trail again.

A little more traffic than I originally expected on this trail but it was beautiful and the hike wasn’t too strenuous

Trail was in good shape. Pretty steep incline. 3.1 miles up to the falls. The falls were only frozen at the very top.

Perfect weather, beautiful hike, a bit more challenging than Seven Bridges. Lots of dogs - rarely on leash but generally well behaved, wish more people picked up after them though. Place to sit & enjoy the Falls at the top. Not a traditional waterfall - look at pics so you aren’t disappointed!

Trail was pretty nice. The first part of the trail about a mile or so is pretty easy. It’s wide open and you’ll see a lot of hikers both casual hardcore and you’ll also see a bunch of kids with Bluetooth speakers looking to find a shady place to hang out. But as you continue up the trail the people start to vanish and it’s an upward hike to the falls. If you want after the falls there’s a break away path to be summit of mount rosa 11k feet of elevation. This trail also has a lot of other intertwining trails. I’d recommend this for those who want to get their feet wet in Colorado hiking.

3/10. It was a good hike. Very steady uphill on the way up to the falls. Will have you breathing a little heavier. Falls were frozen but still pretty. Will definitely come back in summer.

Liked this hike still a lot of dogs with no leashes

After completing the Seven Bridges trail I started on this one. Though the trail itself didn't really gives much views as it was more a hike alongside a river/creek (which is nice of course). Though the trail definitely splits off at points and got me turned around a few times. Overall it was an uphill battle which was pretty rough since I just did a hike beforehand, when I got closer to the top I definitely needed a few more breaks. Especially once you hit the 0.2 mile sign and the switchbacks start, I'm pretty sure its about 0.5, maybe providing you with a false sense of hope you're almost done lol. The falls itself were quite nice, though parts of it were still frozen the main waterfall cliff was nice, and turning around you had a spectacular view of the valley below (:

Pretty easy hike along a creek most of the way. Only saw one other person the whole way.

Nice moderate hike along a bubbling Brooke

This was a beautiful hike. The falls themselves were only okay, but then again they were snowed over. The hike was fairly easy the whole way, and a little more challenging towards the top. The hike was definitely worth it. Only bad thing was that there was dog poop everywhere left along the sides of the trail. Seriously... if you are going through the hassle of taking your dog up there, how lazy do you have to be to not pick up after them? Otherwise it's a wonderful hike we will definitely do again.

I went on a quick backpacking trip Friday thru Saturday. It’s a good little trail. I found it to be a little more than moderate but then I’m I little out of shape.

One of my favorite trails in town!

Hiked this trail this morning. This was the first hike I did in Colorado Springs when I got here back in June. Great for individuals who are new to Colorado Springs and want a small elevation gain (it wont give you altitude sickness). The only issue right now is that the packed snow can be dangerous if you do not have spikes. Id suggest wearing spikes for trailrunning, especially if you go in the morning. The trail is generally snowy and slick in the saddle of the mountain but gets better as you gain elevation (because of the exposure to sunlight). The actual falls are almost completely covered with packed snow right now, but the aesthetics of the falls are particularly impressive in the Spring and Summer when the snow has melted. The actual condition of the trails are great outside of the recent snowy conditions. Overall, the views are magnificent. Definitely would recommend to tourists who are visiting and want to get a moderate hike in.

I hike a great deal. This hike is one of my favs in the Pikes Peak Region. I found it to be more challenging than moderate. I recommend hiking boots vs. sneakers. The pebbles are difficult to gain traction on near the end, especially going down.

I love it here. Beautiful view. Got tough near the end, and the falls were frozen (3-17-18). Very pretty. Gorgeous hiking weather. Also, there is a sign where you see "St. Mary's Falls .2 miles" Turn around and you will see the switchbacks going up. I really think you have more of a hike than .2 miles!