St. Mary's Glacier

St. Mary's Glacier is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from November until February. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

ice climbing

1 hour ago

Great Lake View
HeadUp Need 5 dollars cash for the parking

Lovely when you get to the lake . It's path up is quite steep and with added obstacle course of the rocks and rubble . I found it quite fun but I wouldn't be doing it with my 70 year old dad , so I wouldn't class it as easy . The lake is beautiful and then a further walk up to the Glacier just gives you that unreliable view of the peaks and the lake . Very beautiful .

Short hike, slippery and small incline until you get there! Need $5 cash to park

Great hike with spectacular views. It’s high traffic though - as it’s good for all ages and skill levels. For what you get to see, you put in very little work! I would HIGHLY recommend not calling it a day once you get to the lake base. The truly beautiful sight is above the lake, so off-road a little bit and hike up the right side. Winds were chilly in November so wear layers and bring a hat and gloves!

Great Hike! Easy and Short but just enough rocks and incline that you probably don't want to take grandma. I got there at 9am and almost had the place to myself. There were some guys ice fishing. Saw some trout under the bridge. From now until spring I'd take extra traction or be super careful; I had on hiking boots but busted my butt pretty good once. Oh, the parking permit will leave residue on your windshield; next time I will just put it on the dash.

Awesome place with spectacular view. Quite windy and chill up there. Low temperatures make camera dies out.

I loved it, beautiful and when it started raining everyone left and me and the Doberman had the lake all to ourselves a while before we dashed out. Only gave it a 4 sue to all the people, seemed crowded. I think I just like the long ones that tend to be more quiet.

Great effort to beauty ratio. Would be a great, easy hike in summer. While the snow is packed down this time of year, this made it very icy and slick (especially on the way down). Wouldn't recommend tennis shoes. Beautiful lake and forest views!

Great for a short hike with a beautiful view at the end! Trail was hard packed snow making it just fine to wear my trail runners. Pups enjoyed the hike as well.

Breezy at the lake this morning. Wind was howling down the glacier, bbbrrrrr

Easy hike. I can not wait to see it in the summer.