Squaw Mountain Trail

Squaw Mountain Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy hike, 1.5 hours out and back. All on 4x4 road. Unfortunately there is a shooting range half way up. So don't expect a peaceful experience. We went on a Sunday morning. Not sure if it's open every day though. Great views from the tower at the top.

Tight

Great views! Short hike but expect an incline. There is still snow on the trail

Really nice views up there! Worth the hike!

Lovely views from the top, and not too strenuous a hike, I am in town visiting a friend for the weekend and not used to the altitude but I didn't have a problem with this hike, I just went slow on the way up. Snow was packed on the trail but I was able to make it in my tennis shoes - only sank a few times when I wine off the path. The view from the lookout was amazing and it was very windy at the top, but the rest of the hike was calm. The biggest downside was people firing guns not far from the trailhead entrance on the way back - it was loud and one group was a little rowdy and smelled of weed, but I suppose that isn't too rare in Colorado.

With packed snow this was a great, quick hike. What a view from the top, you can even see Denver in the East.

An okay hike, not long at all but a little tough when there's a lot of snow. Today there was about 4-5 inches with some parts reaching up to my knees. Views at the top were amazing however it was extremely windy. Power lines were a bit of a disappointment and like a couple other reviews say, it was more of a service road than a trail. Overall I would definitely hike again