Squaw Mountain Trail

Squaw Mountain Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Sick views

The shooting was quite annoying, but the views at the top are great... wide road all the way.

I was amazed at the views. We've done some neat hikes out here and I was even blown away when we reached the top. Very easy hike. Almost not sure if I would call it a hike. Walk up a dirt road up to somewhat of a trail. Brought out of town visitors and didn't want to overwhelm them with a too strenuous of a hike. They did great and love the views at the top. There is a shooting range that you'll go past so that was a little noisy obviously, but not very active on a Saturday morning. Then at the top there a little fire station that is now rented out to people. So I would just advise not lingering there too long, but there are other boulder mounds you can climb up and see the best 360 view of the surrounding mountains. Just breath taking. We brought the pups with. They loved it. Saw under 10 people during the whole hike. Will be bringing more out of town family here.

Easy hike, 1.5 hours out and back. All on 4x4 road. Unfortunately there is a shooting range half way up. So don't expect a peaceful experience. We went on a Sunday morning. Not sure if it's open every day though. Great views from the tower at the top.

Tight

Great views! Short hike but expect an incline. There is still snow on the trail

Really nice views up there! Worth the hike!

Lovely views from the top, and not too strenuous a hike, I am in town visiting a friend for the weekend and not used to the altitude but I didn't have a problem with this hike, I just went slow on the way up. Snow was packed on the trail but I was able to make it in my tennis shoes - only sank a few times when I wine off the path. The view from the lookout was amazing and it was very windy at the top, but the rest of the hike was calm. The biggest downside was people firing guns not far from the trailhead entrance on the way back - it was loud and one group was a little rowdy and smelled of weed, but I suppose that isn't too rare in Colorado.