Spud Lake

Spud Lake is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Silverton, Colorado and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great family hike. Very gradual elevation gain. The lake is amazing. Go early to avoid the crowds.

Nice scenic hike, took a 2 1/2 year old who walked most of it himself (on the way in) and backpacked a 6 month old and wasn't too difficult by any means.

Since I read everywhere this trail was easy, I dragged along my overweight brother, my 6 year old son and my 3-legged dog.... Lime Creek Road becomes rocky pretty quick and I drove as far as I deemed it doable for my little Honda. we parked on the side if the road and walked up the remaining 1.2 miles (according to my phone app). It was Rocky and all up hill. We made it to the Lily Pond where a nice couple told up the trail head was a few feet up on the left. Off we went, more uphill, more rocks. I didn't check the time, but it took us at least an hour and a half (possibly more as we took many breaks on the way up). Once we made it to the lake, it was definitely worth the sweat and effort. We ate our lunch, dipped our toes in the water and eventually headed back. The trip back down took no time at all, but the mile down Lime Creek Road dragged on forever!! Since this is rated as easy, I'm clearly more out of shape than I care to admit. I'm so happy we did it, it was beautiful, it was an adventure and we can't wait to explore more trails :-)

One of our favorites! Easy hike, and the view is amazing!

Getting to the trail head wouldn't be easy to access without a 4x4 or high clearance vehicle. The hike to the lake isn't hard but some parts are very rocky. Ponds along the hike are maybe cooler than the main lake at top. Overall very worth it and on the easy side.

Eight of us ranging from 11 to 59. So a minivan is not the right vehicle for lime creek road. We had to park it halfway. Make sure you got high clearance to make it to the trailhead. That made the hike a little longer. No problem though. 1.5 hours to the lake and 45 minutes back out. Beautiful hike and awesome lake. We caught a few trout and cooled our toes off in the water.

Great for the kids, beautiful up there and the kids enjoyed their well earned swim.

Drive to the trail head would be challenging with a car/truck with low clearance

Beautiful