South Park 600 to Square Top Lakes

South Park 600 to Square Top Lakes is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Georgetown, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The trail has its own parking and out house, so you don't need to park on the Mt. Bierstadt side.

These Lakes were gorgeous and the wild flowers were amazing as I went 08-23-17. We got hailed on a little but it was well worth the hike. My Friend that was new to hiking did not make it to the last lake but I showed her the pictures (not the same).

Hiked from base to lower lake yesterday afternoon. Camped on lower lake overnight then to upper lake and almost to summit in am. The views on the lower and upper lakes awesome. The terrain was very rocky, a little tricky for me and fully loaded with camping gear. Would go again!

I went on Wednesday 08-23-17 started at 11am and finished at 230 as I had to slow down for a less experienced hiker. It was beautiful. I usually do not like hikes without trees for shade but scattered rain (and a short hail) storms kept us cool. The second lake was the most beautiful. Nice quick hike, go early to avoid the rain.

Beautiful and not too crowded.

Great views! Loved this hike. It was very muddy near the end though, be prepared.

Spectacular flowers and views. A lot of mud. Take poles.

We have been hiking in Colorado all week. This has so far been our favorite Trail. It was just beautiful all the way around. The entire Trail is above the Treeline but the surroundings are breathtaking none the less. We highly recommend making the effort to tackle this Trail. We diverted off the trail between the two Lakes heading up the ridge to the South. After cresting that Ridge you can see all of the mountain ranges to the South. Breathtaking!

Great elevation hike. Multiple water features. Bring waterproof shoes and extra socks. The entire hike is exposed so make sure you don't get caught in the afternoon storms. Great hike to bring the dog.

Great trail. Hiked with my wife and 2 dogs. Numerous creeks and 3 lakes of varying sizes. The top lake is a must. Most of the hike is between 11,000 and 12,000 ft.

This is a 5 star hike if you pass the lakes and summit the Square Top Mtn peak. Totally worth it.