South Park 600 to Square Top Lakes

South Park 600 to Square Top Lakes is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Georgetown, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The trail has its own parking and out house, so you don't need to park on the Mt. Bierstadt side.

We have been hiking in Colorado all week. This has so far been our favorite Trail. It was just beautiful all the way around. The entire Trail is above the Treeline but the surroundings are breathtaking none the less. We highly recommend making the effort to tackle this Trail. We diverted off the trail between the two Lakes heading up the ridge to the South. After cresting that Ridge you can see all of the mountain ranges to the South. Breathtaking!

Great elevation hike. Multiple water features. Bring waterproof shoes and extra socks. The entire hike is exposed so make sure you don't get caught in the afternoon storms. Great hike to bring the dog.

Great trail. Hiked with my wife and 2 dogs. Numerous creeks and 3 lakes of varying sizes. The top lake is a must. Most of the hike is between 11,000 and 12,000 ft.

This is a 5 star hike if you pass the lakes and summit the Square Top Mtn peak. Totally worth it.

A nice, short hike, but far from my favorite lakes trail. Not too many on the trail considering Bierstadt is across the road

I really loved this trail. Only saw one other person and it was a good mix of chill and work. I saw my first marmots on this trail, three of them actually! Loads of wildflowers and it just felt magical. Sat at the top w my dog and gladly felt a gentle mountain rainshower on my shoulders and watched it quickly pass over the other mountain tops, kissing them along the way ☺️

Stunning hike across the flower laden high tundra landscape to the first lake. Great family hike.

Loved this hike! Wildflowers the whole way, lots of creeks, ponds and water and the most breathtaking views. Make sure you make it all the way to the upper lake! We were the only people on the trail the day we went and it felt like we were in another world altogether! The doggo loved it too! Highly recommend.

Absolutely stunning and we saw less than 20 people the whole time! It's hard to believe that it's right across from Mount Bierstadt and there were so few people on this trail.