Snowslide Trail

Snowslide Trail is a 11.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Rye, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Lake Isabel Recreation Area: The quickest access is to go I mile south of Lake Isabel on Highway 165. There is signage next to the road.Alternately, one can drive a total of 24 miles from Lake Isabel. Go north on Highway 165 to the Ophir Creek Road. Follow the better road to the left which is Greenhorn Mountain Road. The Snowslide trailhead is just past where Cisneros Trail crosses the road and Pole Creek Trail ends.

Was looking for a different trail but couldn't find it. I found Snow Slide instead. I didn't know what to expect so I only made it 1.5 miles in before deciding to turn around. There's comfortable elevation gain in that first 1.5 miles and it's a nice walk through a pretty forested area. I didn't see anyone on the trail and it was a Saturday. I will definitely come back and be more prepared to hike the whole thing next time.

only made it about 4 miles in. there's a good overlook. I would have loved to complete it the whole trail but the further up the trail the rockier it gets and it is more than a bit of a moderate trail. beautiful views. I did 8 miles total and didn't see anyone for almost 3 hours. I'll go back to try and finish another time.

long. .but scenery is amazing. ran into 2 cubs..never saw Mama. take an air horn. ..

Lots of snow up high...beautiful trail. .

Monday, August 15, 2016

hard to follow at times & you are lucky if you see anybody at all.
secluded & beautiful. .

Saturday, August 31, 2013

CORRECTION to my first review... I meant if you take a LEFT at the fork at 1.5 miles you will end at the highway. If you take a RIGHT you will continue up the trail. Sorry!

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Beautiful! Once you finally get far enough away from the highway sounds - there are lots of birds and several deer. There is a fork in the path about 1.5 miles. If you go to the right- you will eventually start descending down and after some pretty hairy rocks and boulders on the trail - it will suddenly dead end AT the highway about a mile from the fork part!!!! I suggest to take the right trail at the fork - which continues to go up instead.

Friday, October 21, 2016