Sniktau Mountain Trail

Sniktau Mountain Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Loveland Pass, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike with amazing views! The wind was the biggest trouble maker. At least 30+mph. Tough hike but reasonable because of the short distance. Wear a wind proof jacket, of course layers, a scarf, gloves (hands froze Lol) and gaiters due to snow. My first 13er and it was superb!! I recommend this as a starter.

Hiked to the false summit on September 30th. Started at 8:15am and there were only 3 cars at the trailhead. Snow on the ground was just thin patches, but increased with elevation and never completely covered the ground. I didn't understand what all the fuss was about regarding strong winds until the very moment I reached the false summit and it suddenly came blowing from the south over the summit. The giant rock piles provided some shelter, but it was still unbearably cold. I hiked up with my 2 small dogs and there was no way we were going to make it to the real summit, so we hurried back down. By the time we got down around 10:30am, the parking lot was completely filled. Wind and cold still worth it for the views with some mountains having snow and some not.

Great alpine hike off of the divide. Great way to get some elevation and leg burn. As of today, just a little avoidable snow on the trail. Easily done in trail runners. Bring warm clothes though!

First mile is straight up! The views are breathtakingly beautiful. On September 24 it was 20*F when I started at 6:30am. Wish I went earlier in the summer!

Mt. Sniktau had great views & was a nice climb, with just a bit of wind. Rufus (dog) was a fan!

Took about 3 hours, but it is a steep hike with no tree cover. amazing views the whole way. I was going to stop at the false summit but if you make it that far just finish it. well worth it for the 360 views

The hike starts above tree level (about 12K ft) so the views are spectacular the entire time. This is a steep hike, but not too long or exhausting. A great warm-up for a 14er. The drive to the trailhead is easy with a tiny 2-wheel drive car, and parking is not a problem. If you don't find a spot right at the trailhead, drive a bit further down to the other parking area. I used to think you needed to hike 14ers to get the amazing panoramic views, but this hike proved me wrong. We started at 11am, finished at 3:15 - but we took it slow, and spent a lot of time hanging out at the summit.

Started at 10:30AM and made it to the top in 2.5 hours. It's a climb and we took many breaks to catch our breath and enjoy the beautiful views. The weather was perfect but I can see it getting pretty windy & chilly up there! I would say anyone in decent shape can do this hike! Bring a friend and keep motivating each other to get to the top! Def my favorite ridge hike so far in Colorado! We finished the hike in 3.5 hours total!

tough steep incline at the beginning with very strong winds. calmed down as you got higher and the views just get better. once on the summit you habe wonderful views of Grays and Torreys Peak. Took us around 2.5 hours round trip with breaks.