Sniktau Mountain Trail

Sniktau Mountain Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Loveland Pass, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mt. Sniktau had great views & was a nice climb, with just a bit of wind. Rufus (dog) was a fan!

Took about 3 hours, but it is a steep hike with no tree cover. amazing views the whole way. I was going to stop at the false summit but if you make it that far just finish it. well worth it for the 360 views

The hike starts above tree level (about 12K ft) so the views are spectacular the entire time. This is a steep hike, but not too long or exhausting. A great warm-up for a 14er. The drive to the trailhead is easy with a tiny 2-wheel drive car, and parking is not a problem. If you don't find a spot right at the trailhead, drive a bit further down to the other parking area. I used to think you needed to hike 14ers to get the amazing panoramic views, but this hike proved me wrong. We started at 11am, finished at 3:15 - but we took it slow, and spent a lot of time hanging out at the summit.

Started at 10:30AM and made it to the top in 2.5 hours. It's a climb and we took many breaks to catch our breath and enjoy the beautiful views. The weather was perfect but I can see it getting pretty windy & chilly up there! I would say anyone in decent shape can do this hike! Bring a friend and keep motivating each other to get to the top! Def my favorite ridge hike so far in Colorado! We finished the hike in 3.5 hours total!

tough steep incline at the beginning with very strong winds. calmed down as you got higher and the views just get better. once on the summit you habe wonderful views of Grays and Torreys Peak. Took us around 2.5 hours round trip with breaks.

Our first hike in Colorado as we arrived from Michigan this morning. The first mile or so was rough as it was steep and we were not use to the elevation. Unfortunately, was not able to continue past the false summit due to lightening behind Grizzly Peak.

Steep up to first false summit. Had to turn around there due to incoming weather. 30 min to false summit, 20 min back down. Only saw 2 others. Hiked late in day at 4:00 pm. Love the marmots who greeted me along the way.

Arrived at the trailhead at 8:30am and the small lot was full, luckily someone left after ~5 minutes. Afterwards we noticed many more people parked in the no-parking zones. Well-marked trail; above tree line so very exposed. Steep first mile then it eases up a bit. Gorgeous views; not over-crowded. Finished in 2.5 hours round trip.