Sniktau Mountain Trail

Sniktau Mountain Trail is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Dillon, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, and snowshoeing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,532 feet Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

Please note: users have reported there is construction on the road to the trailhead, adding about a mile each way to this hike.

Awesome trail. it was super windy when we went and pretty cold as well, but the views were all worth it. I would recommend poles. I didn't have any but it would have been nice at some parts. Also, dress in layers and just enjoy!

Fun!

Great hike! That first part is the hardest, so hang in there! Once you summit the junction where you can go left to Sniktau or right to Cupid, it gets much easier. Super windy, so wear layers!!!!! My app said 4.2 miles round trip, with a max elevation of 13289'. Poles are not necessary, but definitely a big help. I always carry, yet rarely use my poles. I used them for this hike, especially on the downslopes.

Good conditions. Great view of the Eisenhower Tunnel.

Just hit the first mile up and first mile down for a quick sunset. It was DOPE! The hike up is tuff as it’s basically 1,000 ft vert but well worth it, especially for sunset.

9/1/19 Wow!! What a physically challenging hike! I did all 3. Cupid, Grizzly, and Sniktau. And I missed the short cut... had no idea so I did the tough initial climb up and then headed right to Cupid and grizzly first. Things to note!! - no bathroom at TH - if doing grizzly poles and even spikes will be useful! - no shade all open -super windy up there so layer up Have fun!!

great views!

Short hike but very strenuous as it is steep pretty much the entire way. Very beautiful panoramic view of the mountains. Easy drive from Denver and quite a workout!

Seems like I found the perfect day to hike this trail. Arrived at 0700 today. One car in the lot. Not one cloud in the sky and I made it to the peak without seeing a soul. It was cold - 39 degrees to start and it did not break 50. The resurfacing of route 6 is moving along and the delay (one lane traffic) on the west side was minimal.

For those wondering, road work is complete and parking is back open. All other reviews are spot on. First climb is intense, crazy wind throughout. Took me about 2 hours round trip by myself.

This was a great lowkey hike last Saturday. Got to the trailhead around 7:30, the main lot was almost completely full. We got lucky with a spot as someone was just leaving. Took the pupper with us on the hike. No bathroom and the entire hike was very exposed so if you gotta go then be stealthy and do a ninja potty. Few people on the trail at this time. And even got the summit to ourselves for about 30 min! Our way down was quite crowded. The climb from the lot to the first false summit was TOUGH but gets easier past that initial burn. A windbreaker is a MUST. You don’t feel the wind until after you hit the first peak. The drive up and down Loveland Pass was breathtaking too!