Slaughterhouse Gulch Trail

Slaughterhouse Gulch Trail is a 11.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bailey, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

scenic driving

Small hard-core loop trail close to Denver. A fun hard-core loop close to Denver. Most of trail is in the trees and not very scenic. Great route for winter snow runs. Watch for horseback riders and hikers. (Mud bogs east of Waypoint 05 are permanently closed. Plans call for east end of F.S. 101 to open after reclamation of bogs is complete.) High Point 9,500 ft. Best time to go: June thru October. Located in Pike National Forest. For current conditions call Platte Ranger District (303) 275-5610. Rating: Difficult. Narrow, tippy and rutted with washouts, small rock obstacles, tree roots and steep sections. Not overwhelmingly difficult for a well equipped, hard-core vehicle, but enough challenge to make it interesting. Roof damage possible due to tippy section through tight trees. (Trail conditions may be easier after maintenance.)

off road driving

Loved this trail. Completed it yesterday in the light rain with a stock 02 4Runner. only about 3 tricky spots and 2 have ways around that are easier. Just make sure you scout your route. I started lower and went up. I think starting up might be easier. One loose rock hill climb had me guessing my choices.

Beats being indoors. I did a six mile trail run, mostly appears to be intended as an ATV Trail.

brought my 91 Toyota sr5 pickup all the way from Los Angeles to ride on this trail, it did not disappoint!

Great Jeep trail

off road driving

Took my '15 Willy's Wrangler here and it performed great! The trail is a lot of fun for beginners and thankfully there are some alternate routes once you get to the uphill section because a stock clearance level will NOT work out there. Don't be afraid to push yourself in these areas if you're new to off roading, just pick your lines and commit! Tons of fun, will come back again.

off road driving

Took my xj on the loop twice. Very nice trail and there are spots to camp.

Not a very exciting hike. No views. Nice little workout though.

This place is awsome! I didnt know what i was getting into, definitely a intense trail! i made threw with my ram, but if it wasnt for my upgrades i would have been stuck. make sure you have the proper stuff if you are thinking of taking a full size truck, jeeps have no problem but, trucks are too long and you can/will scrap the bottom. i thought i wad in the slaughter house untill i acually made it to the slaughter house trail. so be aware

off road driving

awesome trail, many different terrain with different obstacles and challenges.

This was the first trail I've been on where I could actually see how far I could push my jeep I need a little more clearance and some bigger tires before I do anything crazier but it was fun.

Loved this trail. I had a blast with the few climbs and decent and the views are amazing. Only a few hard spots.

off road driving

On a whim @ 11 pm ( 08APR2017) decided to go 4x4 trailing in my 17' Taco off road FOR THE FIRST TIME. At first it was a AWESOME idea to go test out the new truck. At around 1230AM I FINALLY found Saddlestring Road made my way to the trail head gate continued to the loop STILL felling good about MYSELF... ran into a couple of locals surprisingly around 1 ish they tried warning me about the trail being my first time there. I listened to some degree but decided to go on anyways. :) I went left at the beginning of the loop made it i think half way but my confidence in myself jumped out the truck when i got to a part that was really rocky at just turned around. made my way back to the fork then went right/ the opposite way made it to the Open area and again chickened out and called it. After it was over I was happy without any regret about my new "Colorado Pinstripes" and would HIGHLY recommend BUT would advise doing it in the day light. HAVE FUN!!!!! WHOA !!!!!

off road driving

Went out on this trail last weekend 3/25/17 was awesome. Few areas looked a bit difficult but we managed with a 00 tundra with 3"lift and 33's and a friend with her bone stick pathfinder. Definitely a cool ass trail.

off road driving

we could not find the trail to go up and people more trails to not do the loop

fun