Signal Mountain Trail

Signal Mountain Trail is a 15.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bellvue, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Awesome hike, loved the summit!

Great trail if you want to get away. Getting there requires a several-mile drive along a well-maintained dirt road (we made it fine in our Veloster). The hike starts out along a stream and slowly climb up the mountain. The trail is pretty well defined, but we only saw one other couple hiking while we were there. Definitely worth 6-8 hours of your time.

Remote and beautiful. Didn't see a soul. The hike goes for several miles along Creek then you begin to gain more elevation. I got about 3 miles in and had to turn around because the snow was too deep. Was hoping to get to top of mountain but I needed show shoes to continue. I would definitely recommend this hike though. Wait another month or so and snow will be melted. Lots of elk droppings so keep an eye out and you might see one. This area is also known for a lot of black bear activity but I did not see one. Beautiful country. I think it's a pretty easy hike just a long one to summit. Idk why it's rated as hard

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Great hike, very challenging for the climb and the overall distance which for us was a little over 16 miles. We started early and finished in about 7 hours. Lots of streams to cross, two meadows and a beautiful peak that has interesting rock formations at the top. Got off trail two or three times, next time map and compass. Also watch for black bears.

Friday, September 02, 2016

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Nice peaceful hike with all tree covered area and plenty of various wildflowers. We only went to the wilderness and back. We were told that the views are spectacular at the top of Signal Mountain, hope to make it there next time. It's a relaxing hike where most of it is along the river up to the wilderness. Most of the hike is easy, however there is a bridge (pictured) that was a little challenging crossing, but you can jump across if you feel adventurous.