Shrine Ridge Trail

Shrine Ridge Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from July until September. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

2 minutes ago

40 vehicle parking. Vault toilets. Great views. Solid trail surface with only a few muds. Had to leave the ridge quickly as thunderstorms were moving in. Definite recommend. Did I say great views!

46 minutes ago

This was awesome! I just got home and had to write a review! Go now while the wildflowers are peaking! I got there around 7:30 am today and there were only a few other cars in the parking lot. By the time I got back to my car, around 10:45 am, the cars were parked down the road! There were muddy spots on the trail but nothing that came up and over the tops of my shoes and most spots were avoidable. Still a few slushy snow spots up near the top. Tons of wildflowers and so many varieties! Saw people of all ages - from 80 down to toddlers, this is a great hike for people of all ages.

A friend from Vail took us on this hike as it was one of her favorites and I can absolutely see why! The views were stunning. Challenging enough for this hiking newbie, but well worth it.

This was a fantastic hike!! So glad we went. The scenery was spectacular and the climb was doable, even for us Floridians who are used to being at sea level. We had to stop often for oxygen but were still able to do the climb in 2 hours, 1 hour to get down. Insect repellent is not a suggestion, it's a necessity.

Great hike, flowers and views. Inn trail is better to avoid mud.

Always love Shrine. More people in summer on weekends but pretty and packed with wildflowers. Bring shoes for mud in July.

Would rate as moderate. Muddy and w snow still in mid July. Spectacular views. Great half day hike

Fun family hike. 2hrs up with lots of wildflower/scenic photos, 1 hr down.

Amazing views! Went yesterday and could see the cross on Mount of the Holy Cross! Would highly recommend