Shrine Ridge Trail

Shrine Ridge Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from July until September. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Lots of wet and thick mud in the first and last half mile. Most of the trail is covered in pack snow, but it was up to 2-3 inches in some places. The views on the way up were just as pretty as the ones at the top!

Great views all the way up, crowned by the stunning 360 view up top. Most of the mud was frozen. Only very light snow on 11/11/17

Hiked this 11/9/2017. Beautiful views every step of the way. Don't let the mud at the beginning discourage you. Most of the trail was snow covered but rarely over ankle deep. One of our favorites.

I wouldn’t consider this one “easy”, although I imagine weather/trail conditions had a lot to do with my experience yesterday. 95% of the trail was either mud, slush, snow, or some combination thereof. Very slippery! The views were gorgeous! I’d like to come back when the trail is a bit more dry.

We did this hike in late July 2017. We had spectacular weather so the trail was crowded with people. There were vistas and wildflowers around every turn. I've never seen so many different colors of Indian paintbrush. One of my favorite hikes!

EASY!!?? Are you kidding me? It was a great hike with fabulous views but easy it wasn't. A 971 foot elevation gain in 2 miles can't possibly be an easy hike. The 1/4 mile push to the rim at the end was difficult. This site rated this hike as easy. One hiking book rated this hike as moderate and a rating in another book as "more challenging". In my opinion, this hike is moderate with some strenuous areas.

Did this trail yesterday (Sunday)....great hike and stunning views on top. Was great to have a bit of early season snow on the ground and trees from the day before. A little muddy here and there as a result but no big deal.

8/22/17 -Late in the season but still had Wildflowers! Don't just stop in the saddle, head off to the right until the end - you won't be disappointed.

Perfect hike to do if you want an easy hike but great views! We went September 16 and saw some yellow from the aspens - I'm sure it'll be even more beautiful in another week or so. Snowed on us on the ridge! Trail was easy to follow, and the ridge grants you sweeping views of the Rockies. We took our time for photos and watching the sheep being herded down the mountain. Curious to see what this would look like with snow on the ground. Well-maintained dirt road to a dirt parking lot w/ a restroom and ample parking.