Shoreline Trail to Nomad Trail Loop

moderate 38 reviews

Shoreline Trail to Nomad Trail Loop is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Collins, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 410 feet Route Type: Loop

Note: This trail may close under muddy or icy conditions. For more information, please see https://www.larimer.org/naturalresources/trails

icy

Nomad trail is closed for season

closed
icy

Great dog friendly trail- but beware nomad trail is currently closed. Bring good shoes, it’s muddy and icy

Fun trail! Saw quite a few deer along the way. Pretty views. Lots of bikers.

wonderful easy trail for self and dog, no shade, access to reservoir water for dog, use All Trails App and mix it up by hiking Tower trail back to Shoreline, etc. ran into a slew of bikers, looked like a bike camp for kids, $9.00 fee, $20.00 if not paid and get ticket, we bought 12 month pass for $90.00. $65.00 age 65. plan to go back and hike a bit of Tower trail.

Fairly flat initially....opportunity to figure 8 with other trails to get 3.5 in...Nomad trail, soderberg

Easy hike I enjoyed doing with my dog. No shade and some parts of the trail are single file and others are over grown. I would consider this easy rather than moderate.

I'm hoping more people will do more robust reviews so we other hikers can learn from them! This is more of an easy to moderate hike (IMO, of course) and is all in the open. First, let me start with this for the people who are new to the area...there is a $9 day pass fee to get to this area! Just FYI. PROS: BATHROOMS at start (very important if you are driving from far away) Beautiful meadow areas Tons of pathways Very well marked I think we had signal Tons of trail maps at the start and actual hand brochures CONS: Single file in some areas No shade for pups TONS OF BIKERRRRRSSSSS.... and it was hit or miss if they announced themselves. I felt we had to keep looking behind us to see where they were. Some people were nice, but I felt we were ALWAYS deferring to the bikers. As of today 6/2, it was dry as a bone and tons of people were taking advantage of that. This is an excellent area, but be prepared to make concessions to bikers.

Mon Jan 21 2019

Great hike for a moderate trail. Really muddy today, a lot of mountain bikers turned back around and left.

Tue Sep 25 2018

This trail was great

Fri Jun 29 2018

Nice hike!

Thu Apr 20 2017

Lots of mountain bikes. Think the trail is great for that. Very open..no shade on these specific trails.