Shadow Canyon Trail to South Boulder Peak

Shadow Canyon Trail to South Boulder Peak is a 8.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Easy going at the beginning, with a very difficult ascent and descent towards the top. Views were totally worth it. Bring lots of water if you're a slow hiker like me, we ran out at the summit! Started around 9 AM and finished around 5, with a total of about 11 miles.

Did Shadow Creek to South Boulder to Bear Peak to Fern Canyon to Shanahan to Mesa to Bluestream to Mesa parking lot. Steep steep steep coming down from Bear Peak! I found my poles very useful for that segment, and didn't really need them after.

Very crowded, even at 7am! A lot of people with off leash dogs that just darted out ahead and ran underfoot. Owners didn't really care.

I probably wouldn't do this one again, mostly due to how overly crowded it was. But there's a great view, so it's worth at least one visit.

Hiked this on April 8th. Really enjoyed this hike and found it challenging for the first hike of the year. I didn't end up hiking Bear as well; me t time. We took the left fork at beginning of trail and experience d less traffic.