Shadow Canyon Trail to South Boulder Peak

Shadow Canyon Trail to South Boulder Peak is a 8.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiked this on April 8th. Really enjoyed this hike and found it challenging for the first hike of the year. I didn't end up hiking Bear as well; me t time. We took the left fork at beginning of trail and experience d less traffic.

I forgot to turn on the recorder for my return trip, but it took me about an hour and half to get back. It was an amazing hike with killer views. Don't forget to wear layers as the saddle and the summit were super windy and cold!

Enjoyed this hike and yes it is difficult due to rocky technical terrain and steep ascent and descents. Beautiful vistas!

Beautiful hike. more difficult than I anticipated with a lot of scrambling over rocks. loved it and definitely will do it again.

PROS: Beautiful trail. Steep incline. Awesome views from the top.

CONS: Limited parking.