Seven Bridges Trail is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

partially paved

Take West Cheyenne road or West Cheyenne boulevard to the Starsmore Discovery Center entrance and then drive up toward Helen Hunt Falls. Once you pass the HH Falls visitor center keep going up until you get to the parking area. From there walk the Gold Camp road, past the gate, .7 miles until you hit the Seven Bridges trailhead.

Well marked and great views. Great trail to see some wildlife if the right time of year.

Just hiked it today. Very pretty trail with a good size aspen grove at the end. The leaves will be gone soon. Some of the trees are already bare. Hurry if you want to see them. The trail is definitely moderate with one pretty sketchy spot if you continue past the last bridge. You won’t like that part if you’re not too crazy about heights. Lots of slippery loose gravel. It’s more like 5.8 miles there and back if you keep going to get to the aspens.

Hiked this trail today. Trail maintenance group were working on the trail which is very well maintained. As Ashley Reed pointed out last week this trail us NOT marked as Seven Bridges Trail, but as Trail 622. Trailhead is about a mile up Gold Camp Road from the final parking lot above Helen Hunt Falls. We only hiked up to Bridge #7, but others coming down from the top of the trail said the aspens were peak. North Cheyenne Creek runs all along the trail with several small falls. Beautiful trail, great day!

Very good hike! Challenging but very rewarding. We went over labor day weekend so it was busy. Uphill the whole way made for a great workout. Would recommend!

Great uphill hike. Used it for training (backpacking) for my dog and I. Uphill the entire way out, so downhill back. Rewarded w/ a beautiful aspen meadow at the top. Lots of creek access for water and ambiance. Really enjoyed it. 5.8 miles out and back.

I did this hike on the way to Kineo Mountain. Pretty easy hike with a lot of familes with small children and dogs. I highly suggest continuing on past the 7th bridge for a more secluded hike and more of a challenge as most people turn around. My dog of course loved all the water to play in and there are some great hammock and lunch spots in the trees along the river.

Nice trial, great views of water. When you get to the parking lot take the entrance on the left with a small gate and walk down till you see 622 on the right and go to the right.

Wide trail, packed with visitors.

Fun hike

Me and my pup's first CO trail after driving up from TX the day before. The trail itself was not difficult, but we definitely felt the elevation! Ended up going past where the trail actually ended up to the top for some great views. The trail is pretty and well maintained, wonderful morning hike.

Great hike and you can keep going past the falls if you want a little more hiking. Look for the 622 marker to find the entrance to the trail and go early. The other reviews about being busy are accurate.

This hike is labeled moderate but it’s on the easier side of moderate. You walk along the stream on the whole walk and it’s relatively shaded. No signs labeled Seven Bridges, it’s actually Trail 622. At the Helen Hunt visitor center there are several outhouses but bring your own toilet paper. Earlier the better for parking.

Great hike & even better if you keep going past the seventh bridge to the upper views.

Nice, relatively easy hike. Good for an afternoon family hike. Initial portion, on forest road, isn't too appealing, but actual trail is nice. Trailhead isn't obvious; look for it at bend in the road.

Challenging but beautiful!

Great trail to do with our pup. Trail was easy to follow and bridges are all numbered. You get a lot of shade which was great on a sunny/hot day. Parking was a bit of a challenge but likely would’ve been better had we gotten there earlier.

Definitely a great trail although not my personal favorite. Thankfully I got there early and parking wasn’t an issue but by the time I came back down there were way too many people for my liking. I expected this however I’ve been wanting to see what the trail is all about. It’s wooded the whole way besides Gold Camp Road so not too many views but the waterfall throughout is awesome.

This was an awesome hike! Make sure you get there early! Parking gets tricky since this is a popular one! Definitely a moderate hike. We did it with our 10 and 7 year olds. They loved the waterfalls and creeks. Will DEF do again!

Had a lot of fun with our dog (kept her on leash). Went past the 7th bridge up a bit more towards Jones park but didn’t quite make it. Will definitely come again.

Definitely a moderate hike, I was a little out of shape when we went but it was a blast. We went at 6:30am and there was plenty of parking and it was a beautiful trail!

Guys, DO NOT CONFUSE THIS WITH SEVEN FALLS! For one, this is free. Also, I had much more fun here.
Keep going up the mountain/road after Helen Hunt falls and you will see a huge parking lot. Go west through the gated dirt road and then after 0.7 mi (according to GPS/Fitbit) you will see the 622 post. My husband and I had fun taking pictures at every bridge we hit. I really enjoyed this hike. From the parking lot to the end of bridge 7 and back, my Fitbit clocked 3.47 mi.
There seems to be paths everywhere, but remember the whole path is along the creek. If you think you’re getting too far away from the creek, you probably are.

make sure to get there early! also we had some trouble finding the signs haha but it overall was absolutely gorgeous and very nice.

Beautiful waterfalls.

Love the coolness of the trails through the forest. The bridges are pretty well maintained. The views are amazing.

I completed this hike during the week in mid August 2018. The trail had a few people on it. I had heard that it was often crowded on the weekends. I hiked well past the seventh bridge staying within site of the creek. After I hiked across several steep sandy parts void of trees, I was in the trees again. I could see what I thought was the summit. The weather rolled in, it started to rain so I turned around and headed out. I will return to this trail again.

Simple and straightforward hike. I would say it is very family friendly. Well shaded and cool with a creek flowing through. The area is extremely busy on the weekends.

My family (including my 2 year old) went on this hike on a Friday morning. We got to the parking lot around 8 and it wasn’t too busy. The walk along the road is about .5 mile, then you turn right at trail 622. It’s not well marked. After the road it is beautiful, shaded, and a little rocky. My son loved going over all the bridges. Great family hike! On our way back (around 10:30) it was pretty busy and the parking lot was full.

Nice easy hike for any skill level. Once you get to the trailhead, rest of the trail is pretty much shaded and cool. Few doggy poops and bags were spotted but not enough to ruin my day. There were no bugs, no bathroom and no hiking stick is required.

Really beautiful hike along the creek. Was gorgeous after a light snow the night before.
After the 7th bridge we continued up the trail-622-Seven Bridges to Jones Park. We encountered a large adult brown bear at the aspen grove on the trail. He was not aggressive, but interested in us.
We called the Colorado Park and Rec to report and they said he has been hanging around there for about a week and is deemed not aggressive. Make sure you have your bear spray and are aware of what to do in an encounter.
It was worth the adventure because the meadow was so pretty.

Used to love this trail until tourists and inexperienced transplants found it. No one respects this trail or their fellow hikers. Constantly running into people who refuse to leash their dogs or pick up after them, and parents with too many small children to keep track of or keep safe and mindful with cyclists and runners around. Definitely will only return to this trail in the winter when I don’t have to share it with hoards of disrespectful and clueless people.