Seven Bridges Trail

Seven Bridges Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Take West Cheyenne road or West Cheyenne boulevard to the Starsmore Discovery Center entrance and then drive up toward Helen Hunt Falls. Once you pass the HH Falls visitor center keep going up until you get to the parking area. From there walk the Gold Camp road, past the gate, .7 miles until you hit the Seven Bridges trailhead.

I did this hike Monday 6/11 I got to the trailhead around 7am and there were only about 10 cars in the parking lot. When I left about 10:30 the parking lot was full. It was a very nice well shaded hike. It has some good inclines at some points. You have to pay attention to find the trailhead from the road it’s just a small sign right near the creek. I got distracted looking around and passed it.

Absolutely breathtaking! You traverse through the woods. There are no panoramic views, per se, but the waterfalls and bouldering combined with the bridges make for a sweet morning walk close to the city. Highly recommend.

Shady trail great for dogs. Great view

Loved the trail! Made the mistake of taking the Gold Camp going downhill (near the entrance of the parking lot) - went a mile and turned back after not finding the trailhead. You need to instead take the Gold Camp unpaved road going uphill (at the back end of the parking lot). As described by others, walk about .7 miles uphill on the unpaved road until you come to the horseshoe bend - you'll find the 622 trail marker on the right - head straight up! Some stretches have wooden stairs, rest is rocks, gravel and packed mud. Well-shaded all the way. Trail crisscrosses the water creek, hence the 7 bridges ... very quiet, and steep in parts, but overall, very picturesque (no vistas).

Great trail. Parking lot gets PACKED on weekends, get there early! First 1/2 mile in wide forest service road with a lot of foot traffic. It services a lot of other trails in the system. Once in 7 bridges trail it is pretty sheltered from the sun. Good shorter hike. Not too strenuous. Some areas of loose footing but easily managed. Trail continues after the 7th bridge and gets more challenging. Watch the numbers on the bridges to know when you’ve crossed #7 and then decide if you continue on. Trail is slightly shorter than the mileage is reported.

The only downside to this hike was the incline is a bit steep but good for cardio so bring good hiking boots. Bring 2 bottles of water on the safe side and a snack. The parking lot is extremely bumpy and bad for a little car. The trail was perfect for a nature adventure but doing it alone it was a bit creepy because I defiantly heard voices that were not there. Later I learned the area was home to some sad events in the past that could mean paranormal stuff is going on here. I hiked as far as I could till the trail fell off at the end to the left which is extremely dangerous with the height/cliff , instead I suggest splitting to the right and taking 662. The bridges are a beautiful sight to see, the people are friendly and if you love dogs or have one its a great trail for your companion too. Just be careful here, take your time and have your phone on you at all times.

It's a nice trail and you can go up much further than the 7th bridge. The directions are accurate except that the trailhead is not well marked. From the Gold Camp road you will first see a slgn that says, "North Cheyenne Creek." You go a bit further and the trailhead is marked "Trail 622." A few yards into the trail you'll see another sign saying, "North Cheyenne Cr. Trail" and below that it gives distances to "Jones Park," "Beer Park" and "Rosemont." You'll know you are on the right trail when you see the first bridge, which is not far from the trailhead.

Overall it was a very nice hike. My only complaint was the crowds. It is close to town so lots of people around. The parking lot was completely full at 9am. Maybe it is better during the week.
The hike itself was a low moderate rating. My asthma has been terrible this year so I am happy I brought my inhaler. It is a steady incline with a few steep spots.
If you continue up after the 7th you get a wonderful view and see a slide falls. It gets very technical so be aware!

Any NFS Trail in Pike National Forest, has NO MANDATORY LEASH REQUIREMENT.
I ought to know, I gathered 1,035 signatures from people in 2014 and presented them to Oscar Martinez, the Ranger in charge of this district. They prefer you keep them on leash but if your dog is well behaved there is no legal requirement and they CANNOT issue you a summons.

Beautiful hike. Worth it to keep going past the last bridge for the views. Be careful on the steep mountain with loose gravel!

Nice views, moderate traffic. Trail not marked well off of gravel road. Look for a sign 622 and turn right to be on the trail.

It was great! I think this was the most legit hike I’ve Ive went on, I very much recommend visiting this WONDERFUL place!!!

Just got done with the trail on Memorial Day 2018. Very crowded, but still a beautiful hike that is not too strenuous but worth the views at the top and having a stream next to you the entire way was awesome as well.

nice and mild

Amazing hike with beautiful views!

Great nature hike! Not too crowded for being so close to Denver, and it was so quiet, beautiful scenery, and peaceful! I take away a star because it was a little difficult to follow the trail once you get away from the road.

Very beautiful scenery. All the going up was well worth the amazing and breathtaking views

Beautiful and peaceful! A Steller’s Jay flew branch to branch just ahead of me on a significant portion of my return hike.

Great hike with kids.

Great hike to get your blood pumping. Beautiful views.

It’s a good run uphill. Coming down was a blast!

Actually there are two dirty roads with metal gates, so you should start the plain one, not the one that goes up. I did wrong and ended up with 5.5 miles but it worth the efforts since the unplanned part of the trail was empty and picturesque with great views. Still confusing signage, some native person helped us tremendously to end up with this 622 trail.

Nice hike to take family on. Moderate hike- uphill most of the way. Parking lot was full when I first arrived, so had to wait a bit till someone left.

Awesome trail and great scenery

Great trail. Moderate to difficult. Up all the way to the 7th bridge and down all the way back. Can be difficult to find so read the reviews and it tells you how to get there. Go to the top parking lot and at the far end is a dirt road with a metal gate across. Go through that and about .7 miles up on the right will be a curve that the actual trail starts. Look for a sign hat says 622. When you get to a sign on he right that says North Cheyenne creek (brown metal sign with the words punches out) the. You are about 50 feet from the trailhead

A great "quick" hike! Woods, stream, bridges, it has it all

Great hike all the way through, started off with plentiful parking in the top parking lot. Went through the gravel/dirt road to the first metal sign which I passed...then looked up to my right at a different trail and saw another metal sign...then turned completely around and saw the #622 sign. Walked closed to the metal sign and there it was Seven Bridges hike! So yeah just keep a lookout for those metal signs and the #622 and make a right upwards. Its all uphill from there and being a non-native to CO it wasn't too bad but once I passed the 7th bridge and started upwards to Jones Park...hoooo I definitely needed to take a couple of breaks. So I'm not sure whether or not I reached Jones Park - but I'm assuming it was that one side (where the trail is on) that has a vast opening where it was ALL loose gravel and giant rock formations while the other side is a complete full grown forest (or in today's case completely covered in snow). So one side was like a hot desert while the other was a snow covered forest - pretty cool. I only went up maybe 0.5 miles away from that point and it just kept going up, so yeah I called it quits and went back down to start the St. Mary's Falls Trail.

had a great time with my lady on the trail definitely will go back!

Lovely hike along the creek. The parking lot is up the mountain after Helen Hunt Falls. Hike through the gate then follow that dirt road until you see a little brown 622 marker on the right. Take that for Seven Bridges. if you keep going up on the main dirt road you'll end up at St.Mary's Falls

I have a question, y'all. I've been day hiking intensely for a while, but my navigation skills aren't exactly stellar. I really want to see Jones Park and I've been looking for it for a while. Looking at my pocket guide map, I thought the best way to do that would be to catch 7 bridges and then turn west on 667 (at the junction of 622a and 667). Each time I've tried, I do something like this: reach the end of trail 622 (which starts as 7 bridges), continue through the impressive stand of aspen trees uphill and to the north (ie to the right if you're coming up the trail). I'm able to reach the place where 666 used to intersect 667 (before that section of 666 was closed for trout preservation). I then go west on 667. Yesterday I got pretty far on 667 before I had to call it a day because it was getting late. Does anyone have any advice for me? What I've seen is beautiful, but I've become very intent on finding the ~mysterious~ Jones park. Would I have better luck just taking 667 from High drive until I come to Jones Park? Any help is appreciated!