Sandbeach Lake Trail

Sandbeach Lake Trail is a 8.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Allenspark, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

beach

Beautiful lake and surrounding beach. I haven't seen an alpine lake like this one. Lake starting to thaw. Snow after 2-2.5 miles -/ we put on our crampons . Beautiful hike!!!

Great trail! Needed GPS towards the end, as there were some misleading footprints. Snow wasn't too bad, but I'd recommend bringing some poles and boots. Snowshoes weren't necessary when I was there. Lake is snowed over and beautiful! Lots of camping that wasn't shown on the map, too. Took us about 3 hours up and 2 down.

What an awesome hike. There was still a thick base of snow for 3/4 of the trail. I wouldn't recommend flotation because it's needed in so few spots, but expect to posthole a couple times without. There are two places where the incline gets pretty steep, otherwise this is a very doable hike. The top is spectacular and something I had yet to experience in CO. Massive lake (currently frozen and snow covered) surrounded by peaks. 3.5 hours up, just under 2 on the way down. Note that there is some trail confusion about .5 miles from the lake. There's a loop in the trees with a less than obvious outlet half way around that the trail is meant to continue down.

Went this am-didn't need snowshoes as it was fairly packed down. Went 2 miles in-gorgeous day

Tough hike up and down, but totally worth the pain. Gorgeous view and, since there are only 4 campsites, the area is very peaceful. If you're looking to really get away from it all, this is your trail.

First family backpacking trip with me, my wife, and 2 daughters (4&8). Loved it, grit was created!

one of 101 most beautiful definitely amazing long steep hard AMAZING

Gorgeous! Not much to see on the way up.... But when you get there... It's a piece of heaven on earth! We were the only two there today for a while too!!

Great trail. Very steady incline, graceful and attainable. Save time to hang out at the lake. I made it up in 2 hours. Have fun!

A beach, a lake, and mountain views all in one. Worth the hike. Can get tiring, but would do again. Definitely worth it.