Sand Creek Greenway Trail

Sand Creek Greenway Trail is a 12.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Aurora, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

Sand Creek Regional Greenway http://www.sandcreekgreenway.org

Nice paved trail and dog friendly

Best part easily near Star K Ranch Nature Preserve.

take the detour through the nature preserve for amazing bird watching!

love the path

Saturday, February 11, 2017

drinking under a bridge? smoking weeds by an industrial area? this trail has it all!

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Part of my Stapleton--Broomfield bike commute. A few rough spots (I.e., bumpy, unpaved, homeless-inhabited) between Westerly Creek Park and Quebec St., but a great connector to the South Platte Trail and some well-maintained, senic paths sneaking along Sand Creek and I-270.

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Great! Enjoyed the green belt feel to it.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Enjoyable bike ride from Aurora Sports Park to Stapleton and perhaps farther. It is a bucolic setting in parts, especially near the nature center, despite being in the center of the city.

Sunday, March 01, 2015

Easy for old and young.

Monday, November 04, 2013

If you prefer to walk this as a loop it might be best to begin at the trail head just east of the horse corral as it is more narrow than the west trail and you might miss it if going in the reverse direction. You will be traveling in a clockwise direction.

Also, if you are a Geocacher there are a lot of treasures to find in this area.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Nice flat trail. I was able to do a loop around the reserve area but couldn't go through the reserve because dogs are not allowed. Didn't see any wildlife except for a shirtless man trudging through the river, possibly noodling for fish.

Friday, August 03, 2012

This trail is right by my house. I love it that many people don't use it. I can walk my dogs or ride my bike. You can almost always see some type of wildlife here. Twice I have even seen coyotes. What I don't like is under the roads there is almost always trash and broken glass. Which makes dog walking somewhat hard. The trail is also used by horses so there is ALWAYS horse poo to dodge and the divits in the ground if you are not careful can twist an ankle. It makes for great bike riding the trail goes quite a bit farther than showed on here. There are also side trails one can take where it gets almost beachy with the sand. My little dog does not enjoy that lol so we stick to main trail

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Took my dog on this. Really easy but not a loop. Pretty fall colors.