Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Learn more

Saint Vrain Mountain via Rock Creek Trail

moderate(3)
Allenspark, Colorado

Saint Vrain Mountain via Rock Creek Trail is a 8.4 mile out and back trail located near Allenspark, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips.

Distance: 8.4 miles Elevation Gain: 3,343 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Ski road is fine and Rock Creek road is in better condition then most forest service roads I’ve been down. I made it up to a campsite with my Ford Focus, so the road is nothing to stress about for the most part. The further in you go the worse the road gets. This trip was in September and I have been told that earlier in the year when the water table runs high, the road can have spots that get overrun by water. Other then that, it was a great area for camping.

Most of this trail is a steep, rocky 4wd road. We went late on a September Sunday so there wasn’t much traffic. The road ends 1 mile before the saddle. After that the trail is poorly marked and goes straight uphill through pretty nice meadows. We went up along the stream which was quite lovely.