Saint Peter's Dome Trail

Saint Peter's Dome Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Colorado Springs: Begin at the intersection of Penrose Boulevard and Cheyenne Mountain Boulevard. Take Old Stage Road (FDR 368) 6.5 miles from there to Gold Camp Road (FDR 370). Travel 1 mile to the trailhead on the right (north) side of the road.

The drive up is very scenic. The view from the beginning of the trail is great, and towards end is even better. The trail is fairly easy to navigate. Unless you have some rock climbing experience you probably won't reach the top of the dome.

Incredible 360 degree views if you venture up the rope and all the way up the dome!

Actually wondering is this area before Old Stage is closed due to flooding several years ago? Or is Old Stage now open to Cripple Creek?

Super easy. Great views. Hidden hangout spot with fun graffiti. Not much parking. There were some characters hanging out on the lower trail being a bit loud and rowdy, but the higher we went, the less we could hear them. Short hike. 'Twas alright.

A really fun easy to find hike with incredible views of Colorado Springs, gold camp and old stage !

I loved it because it was short but had fun rocks to climb as well as beautiful views.

short .9 mile hike with breathtaking 360 Views super easy to get up & down I just stayed out there all night 5/7/17 watched the sun rise smoked a bunch of weed and enjoyed the whole night up there reached the summit close to 2 A.M. left at sunrise which was 6 A.M super chill with my Blanky and sweater I was warm all morning

As others have mentioned there is a rope that must be climbed up. It's at least a 10 foot ledge that you need to make it up. We tried getting up without it, and there aren't any real options.

The rope was in decent condition (4/18/2017) when I went, and held the full weight of a 250lb person as well as a 380lb person. I would definitely stress test and inspect it first before going crazy with it.

One member of our group did not want to go up the rope. We eventually found another trail that went to a "second" dome. This trail was STEEP and not well marked. The view from the second dome is pretty amazing and comparable to the real end, although the real dome blocks the view of the city.

Stunning views from the top(ish) I couldn't make it all the way up with my dog, and there are parts of the trail that aren't at all clear which way to go. But if you figure it out and make it up, totally worth the climb!

The view was incredible. It was a little sketchy going up the rope with the snow and ice but I had a great time.

I love this trail and this drive!! It's relatively easy for the typical Coloradan hiker but the views and tranquility are worth it. I was happy to find this trail and the dirt roads surrounding very moderately trafficked. I highly recommend this trail to those wanting to give visitors a taste of Colorado and transplants looking to get a taste for the Colorado lifestyle.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016