Saint Peter's Dome Trail

Saint Peter's Dome Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

Directions from Colorado Springs: Begin at the intersection of Penrose Boulevard and Cheyenne Mountain Boulevard. Take Old Stage Road (FDR 368) 6.5 miles from there to Gold Camp Road (FDR 370). Travel 1 mile to the trailhead on the right (north) side of the road.

I loved it because it was short but had fun rocks to climb as well as beautiful views.

short .9 mile hike with breathtaking 360 Views super easy to get up & down I just stayed out there all night 5/7/17 watched the sun rise smoked a bunch of weed and enjoyed the whole night up there reached the summit close to 2 A.M. left at sunrise which was 6 A.M super chill with my Blanky and sweater I was warm all morning

As others have mentioned there is a rope that must be climbed up. It's at least a 10 foot ledge that you need to make it up. We tried getting up without it, and there aren't any real options.

The rope was in decent condition (4/18/2017) when I went, and held the full weight of a 250lb person as well as a 380lb person. I would definitely stress test and inspect it first before going crazy with it.

One member of our group did not want to go up the rope. We eventually found another trail that went to a "second" dome. This trail was STEEP and not well marked. The view from the second dome is pretty amazing and comparable to the real end, although the real dome blocks the view of the city.

Stunning views from the top(ish) I couldn't make it all the way up with my dog, and there are parts of the trail that aren't at all clear which way to go. But if you figure it out and make it up, totally worth the climb!

The view was incredible. It was a little sketchy going up the rope with the snow and ice but I had a great time.

I love this trail and this drive!! It's relatively easy for the typical Coloradan hiker but the views and tranquility are worth it. I was happy to find this trail and the dirt roads surrounding very moderately trafficked. I highly recommend this trail to those wanting to give visitors a taste of Colorado and transplants looking to get a taste for the Colorado lifestyle.

Great trail! Gets lost towards the end, but pathfinding isn't all that difficult. The view is absolutely out of this world. Don't miss out.
I would bump the difficulty up to moderate, however, as the only way to complete the trail in it's entirety is via a short fixed rope up a 10 foot ledge, bringing up a brief Class 3 situation. The rest of the way to the top (not much further) is Class 2 and quite steep over large boulders. I wouldn't recommend bringing along small children or anyone who is infirm in any way.

Nice location at the middle of Cheyanne Mountain. Trail was not well marked especially at the end ascent towards the dome. Enjoyable morning and great way to stretch your legs.

Absolutely amazing. I'm a very experienced hiker and this is one of the best views I've gotten in Colorado Springs. once you get to the top, you are way above tree line and you have a full 360 view all around of all the peaks and the city. There IS a part you will come to where the only way up is to climb a rope. it's not very long, the rope is very stable but definitely not recommended if you don't have upper body strength. I will definitely be doing this hike again. a new favorite. would definitely recommend. the elevation climb gets a little rough and the trail is hard to follow in certain spots but the view at the top is so rewarding.

Sunday, February 28, 2016