Learn more

Kokopelli's Area Network: Rustler's Loop is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fruita, Colorado that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 308 feet Route Type: Loop

Please Note: Rustler's Loop can only be ridden in one direction. This is a great ride for newcomers to the sport of mountain biking.

Great hike! Gorgeous views of the Colorado River. Family and dog friendly, but we were here on a day with no bikes. We would love to do it again on bikes. Thoroughly enjoyed this place.

Nice view of the river, but really more of a bikers trail than a hiking trail

Great trail! Dogs loved it! Beautiful views of the river and plateaus. There are nice places to stop and have the dogs get some water in the shade. The signage for entry level cyclists is very good (some is funny) but I think I would have walked about 1/3 of it, even with the encouraging signs.

Took my pup on this trail and we had a blast! The views were amazing and the people we came across were so darn nice.

This trail was fun it did take the 3.6 miles if you stay on the trail one area has like a short cut for the trail which looked like it would cut a mile or so off. Great views of the river and mostly saw a ton of mountain bikers with a few other hikers.

This trail was about 2.85 miles according to my Apple Watch. It was nice and easy and a primary bike trail. Also, surprise there were tons of mosquitoes the moment I hit the trail.

Thu Sep 20 2018

good trail. fun short downhill section at the end. not too steep for beginners.

Mon Apr 23 2018

Great beginner trail!

Sun Mar 25 2018

Great beginner to moderate skill trail. The views of the Colorado River and surrounding scenery is fantastic. It is a popular riding and running area, so at peak times it can be fairly busy, but everyone I’ve met has been respectful and polite.

Tue Dec 05 2017

Enjoyed the walk with my dog, saw lots of mountain bikers and had to keep a sharp eye behind me! Still a beautiful desert trail though, not difficult at all and was completed in 2 hours. Good view of the Colorado river halfway through.

Wed Jun 14 2017

Beautiful trail that winds through the desert and leads to several river overlooks! It was a perfect short hike for the evening once the temperatures cool off.

Sun Apr 09 2017

took this for my first real mountain biking trail. It is marked with hints for newbies like me and the difficulty increases just enough to challenge new riders. the sights are beautiful! and the trail is a blast!!

Thu Mar 30 2017

I imagine it's a better trail for mountain biking. So so for hiking. Nice overlook of the Colorado River at one point.