Mount Royal Trail

Mount Royal Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Frisco, Colorado that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Silverthorne: Take I-70 west to the second Frisco exit, Exit #201, turn east towards the town of Frisco. After crossing the I-70 interchange, take an immediate right into the public parking lot. Walk over the footbridge, turn left onto the paved bike path. Hike 0.5 miles on the bike path to the Mt. Royal trail sign which will be on the right.

Huffa puffa. It was AWESOME!! Make sure you go all the way to the end of the trail at the precipice for the best views!

Certainly a workout...especially hiking with a 2 year old on your back. The views were incredible and will certainly do this trail again.

Excellent trail conditions, dry but very steep. Very few switch backs.

Excellent hike in October. Good work out for our level - took us about 3 hours.

Hiked here Thursday September 28th. I got a bit hot on the way to the summit so I took off my pink jacket (gloves and beanie in pocket) and left it on a branch off the trail. Upon descending approx 45 mins later my jacket was gone. If you happen to have it please email me. Thanks.

galvan.sayda@gmail.com

Hiked with our three kids, 13, 11 & 7. Incredible views and aspen trees were on full fall show.

Loved this hike. It's a challenge and a great workout.

Hard but worth it for this newbie to high elevation hiking!

Love this challenging trail with an epic view at the end. Not for the faint of heart.